PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A remarkable stat and a remarkable photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny,BB's handshake get so much coverage but not this ...

Awesome pics, thanks! I'm always surprised by how often this team moves me if ykwim. Moments like that, stories like this one and so many others in the past; we merely get a glimpse of what Junior meant when he said this is the only team he'd come back for and it's because of BB and the guys that play here. It's why Bru said he'd never put on another uniform, and Troy too.

Now if we can just get MattyIce to say the same thing :D

OK everyone - sit down. I've got a related stat that's REALLY going to blow your mind.

Matt Cassel also has played in more GAMES this season than all the other former Trojan QBs -- combined.

I've got to say, do fans here really think its remarkable that Cassel, with 14 starts has more TDs than than ANY number of QBs who have combined for 6 starts among them?

I appreciate the irony that Cassel, after sitting on the bench for so long at USC now has more starts than injured or demoted former Trojan QBs - but I don't find it anymore remarkable that he has more TDs than guys sitting on the bench than I do that he has more TDs than players who have retired.

That's basically the whole point. The star USC QBs Palmer, Leinart, and Booty aren't even playing while Matt Cassel, who barely saw the field in college, is starting, winning, and playing extremely well.

That's basically the whole point. The star USC QBs Palmer, Leinart, and Booty aren't even playing while Matt Cassel, who barely saw the field in college, is starting, winning, and playing extremely well.

Actually I'll give it to Matt for scoring so many TDs in this one game (I thought the reporter was talking about the whole season - not just one game)

That is pretty remarkable - and even though it was the Raiders, scoring more than 4 TDs in a game is still pretty remarkable. I'm just not overwhelmed by the inclusion of a QB who hasn't played in any games, less so with Leniart's 2 games or Palmer's 4.

I just think that says more about how bad all those guys have been than about a very good QB like Cassel scoring 4 TDs against the Raiders.

Last edited:
Actually I'll give it to Matt for scoring so many TDs in this one game (I thought the reporter was talking about the whole season - not just one game)

That is pretty remarkable - and even though it was the Raiders, scoring more than 4 TDs in a game is still pretty remarkable. I'm just not overwhelmed by the inclusion of a QB who hasn't played in any games, less so with Leniart's 2 games or Palmer's 4.

I just think that says more about how bad all those guys have been than about a very good QB like Cassel scoring 4 TDs against the Raiders.

Didn't he hold a clip board for two of those guys?

Yea but Palmer is injured and Leinart got beat out by an MVP winner and Cassel is only playing because Brady is injured.

I put this in the "who would have ever thought" category - more so than "its remarkable that Matt Cassell has more TDs in this game than John David Booty does for the entire season in which he never played a game."

There's no question that scoring more TDs in one game than other QBs did in 6 is impressive however - no matter how bad Leinart looked, nor how bad the Bengals are.

Great picture.

On a related note, I also love this series of pictures:

img00120.jpg

img00121.jpg

img00122.jpg

belichickdad.jpg

People always rip Belichick, like he's not human, like he's a mad genius, or a robot, but obviously, he is very human, has a heart, and is a caring individual. I'm sure he was reliving the loss of HIS father this week, and cares very deeply for all of his players. Those pics are great ! And makes me proud I'm a fan of this team !

People always rip Belichick, like he's not human, like he's a mad genius, or a robot, but obviously, he is very human, has a heart, and is a caring individual. I'm sure he was reliving the loss of HIS father this week, and cares very deeply for all of his players. Those pics are great ! And makes me proud I'm a fan of this team !

Me too. Me too. The sad part is people will still see Belichick as a mad genious who has no heart.

Thankfully, we as fans know the real person that he is.

GO PATS!!

Matt WILL qualify for a huge pay day in FA.:p

Some great photos here, guys. Thanks.

Is it too much to ask that a journalist know how to spell 4 letter words? How hard can it be?

Jeez, it's only four letters.

I think rout might be one of the most misspelled words I see, especially on message boards. However, did you see this one:

Darnell Bing (LB, Detroit) was promoted to the active roster for the Lions. In case you forgot, he has bounced between safety and linebacker in the NLF.

You cover the NFL, spell it right! In the writer's defense, I'm sure it's only like that in the blog, which gets little to no editing at all.

Not to throw water on this but Cassel has also played far more games than all those other USC QBs combined.
I think that was part of the point.

Me too. Me too. The sad part is people will still see Belichick as a mad genious who has no heart.

Thankfully, we as fans know the real person that he is.

GO PATS!!

mad

genius

no heart.

Hey, they got one out of three right!

In a bizaare coincidence there's a near identical thread to this in the Vikings forum celebrating the fact that Tarvaris Jackson threw more TDs in yesterday's contest than Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, and John David Booty have had this season -- combined.

What are the chances? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes