PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Reality Belichick

I have absolute reverence. The point of the thread was to ask whether we might want to consider Belichick leaving/being forced out before Brady. It is taken for granted that Brady will be the first one to leave/retire, but I wanted to switch things up by considering things from this opposite perspective.

Alas, I must have made another whoopsie by asking the wrong type of question.
I know. You were engaging in nothing more than theory crafting. People are a bit on edge right now because we just traded away what everyone thought was our transition guy, so questions about The End and when it might be coming are a bit of a tender topic right now until we have another obvious plan in place.

Many of you laughed at my Brady thread and, in retrospect, much of that was deserved. Who knows and honestly who cares.

Anyway, when it comes to analyzing the Patriots, it is easy to look at the Brady situation and wonder when his sharp decline -- and ensuing Patriots decline -- will occur. What never gets brought up in these discussions is when Bill Belichick's decline will occur. We're talking about a 65 year old man who will inevitably lose a mental step at some point (or has been slowly without us noticing). He is the greatest coach of all time, but even the GOAT (coach, player, mascot) will reach a point of decline where the next guy up can do a slightly better job.

The point of this thread, in light of the ESPN nonsense, is to consider whether we are nearing the point where we're better off with a Patricia or McDaniels as head coach rather than sticking with Belichick. It's been taken for granted that Brady will be gone before Belichick, but could Belichick leaving before Brady be a legitimate course of action rather than our greatest fear realized?

Maine

It doesn't in any way appear BB is reaching the end.

However, it is a legit bye week speculation question.

Since BB is not a "do what we do" guy, it would most likely appear when we stop seeing new stuff.

Many of you laughed at my Brady thread and, in retrospect, much of that was deserved. Who knows and honestly who cares.

Anyway, when it comes to analyzing the Patriots, it is easy to look at the Brady situation and wonder when his sharp decline -- and ensuing Patriots decline -- will occur. What never gets brought up in these discussions is when Bill Belichick's decline will occur. We're talking about a 65 year old man who will inevitably lose a mental step at some point (or has been slowly without us noticing). He is the greatest coach of all time, but even the GOAT (coach, player, mascot) will reach a point of decline where the next guy up can do a slightly better job.

The point of this thread, in light of the ESPN nonsense, is to consider whether we are nearing the point where we're better off with a Patricia or McDaniels as head coach rather than sticking with Belichick. It's been taken for granted that Brady will be gone before Belichick, but could Belichick leaving before Brady be a legitimate course of action rather than our greatest fear realized?
I think we have seen plenty of evidence at this point that the best thing for the patriots would be for you to stop pretending to be a fan and making moronic posts on this board.

Anand just won the Rapid.

I watched the end of SB49 and SB51 and then the video of Falcons fans reacting to 28-3. It made me feel warm inside.

What the hell kind of Super Bowl party were they at? Very weird.

I think we have seen plenty of evidence at this point that the best thing for the patriots would be for you to stop pretending to be a fan and making moronic posts on this board.
There really wasn't a need to go there, AJ. What he's doing isn't hurting anyone.

What the hell kind of Super Bowl party were they at? Very weird.
I can't imagine that room after that.
During the Hightower forced fumble is when the seeds of doubt started to plant in their minds.
Beautiful.

He’s a troll.
Then why are you feeding him? By your own admission, you're dealing with this "troll" with tactics tailor made to encourage actual trolls to keep stirring the pot.

Either way, your post was actually more useless than the OP. At least that got us talking. Your post doesn't even do that.

This is the real chicken little, "the sky is falling" ****e right here. We are all aware that humans will age physically and mentally at some point in their life, but it is all subjective and different for everyone. Rather than sit there and try be the first one to say you saw it happen before anyone else is depressing. We all know this run is in it's waning years and all good things come to an end. I choose to enjoy the 2018 playoff run for what it is along with the possibility of a maybe a few more years.

When it comes to BB, Brady and even RK, I would stipulate it is ok if it comes a year too late than a year early. They've earned it.

/close thread

I think I'll worry about that man's mind when that man stops being able to achieve 13-3 with a front 7 literally built off the scrap heap.

While the Patriots are still radically outproducing their own on-paper capabilities is an odd time to be talking about the performance of their head coach in any terms other than absolute reverence.

On paper the Patriots were better than the team that went 14-2 last season. One lose being literally 1 yard from going to overtime vs a good Seattle team, and one lose being with their broken 3rd string QB. People expected 16-0. The team underachieved.

Then why are you feeding him? By your own admission, you're dealing with this "troll" with tactics tailor made to encourage actual trolls to keep stirring the pot.

Either way, your post was actually more useless than the OP. At least that got us talking. Your post doesn't even do that.
Not feeding him at all. Just pointing out the guy who rips greats about how they play/coach football is a terrible poster and makes moronic posts.
He is the actual troll.
And please explain what value your post has because all you are doing is trolling me.

On paper the Patriots were better than the team that went 14-2 last season. One lose being literally 1 yard from going to overtime vs a good Seattle team, and one lose being with their broken 3rd string QB. People expected 16-0. The team underachieved.
That’s ridiculous.
First of all they earned the #1 seed so it impossible that they underachieved the regular season.
Secondly fans expecting 16-0 is a ridiculous way to determine real. expectations.
Beyond that show me the 16-0 predictions that said without Edelman and Hightower

He’s a troll.
I asked a legit question about Belichick versus Brady leaving the Patriots first. Just because you don't like the reality of football and life being that things must end, doesn't make what I said trolling. Controversial... yes. But here just to pretend... no.

I asked a legit question about Belichick versus Brady leaving the Patriots first. Just because you don't like the reality of football and life being that things must end, doesn't make what I said trolling. Controversial... yes. But here just to pretend... no.
No you are a troll.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back