PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A must see: Norwegian kicker (holy crap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL what kind of lame adds -licious to the end of his name :bricks:

fake.gif

Entertaining,but the scary thing is that some of you believe all this footage is real!! :eek: :rofl:

If you believe the footage then I have some swampland here in PA if you want to buy it :cool:

Some of his kicks was actually realistic looking,but then came the kick into the Basketball Hoop which should have had a person with normal intelligence to realize this was about as genuine as the WWE.

Last edited:
I'll chalk this up to a big "Um, maybe."

After all the publicity about the video of the infant being swooped up by an "eagle" in it's claws, I could swear that in several of the clips the ball changes direction in mid air a few yards after it leaves his foot and takes an angle in flight not consistent with the laws of nature.

If he's for real, I can't believe that an NFL or Rugby team hasn't scouted him and worked him out.

LOL what kind of lame adds -licious to the end of his name :bricks:

Based on the name, I was kind of hoping to view a clip of a stripper kicking a football.

Well, that and the fact that even in a dome he no longer has the leg for kickoffs. . . .

That's true, but I'd rather have him on the field for a FG attempt than the shaky Ghost.

If you've never seen this 63 yard field goal by kicker Tom Dempsey (NFL Record) - YouTube very brief replay of Dempsey's record making kick it's worth a look-see. It's not only a record that still stands but he kicked it with two seconds left to win the game. Now that's pressure kicking at its best.

That is also a straight foot kick (granted he has no toes), which is dramatically harder than the soccer style kick now used.

Outdoors as well. Still think they need to have the kick record for indoors vs. outdoors.

Still think they need to have the kick record for indoors vs. outdoors.
And altitude.

Don't they adjust track and field records for altitude? Weird to think that density of moisture in the air can cause an object to slow down that much.

Well, that explains the collapse of the Giants and Jets: Too much bullcrap in the NY air.

Last edited:
I get "video unavailable" when I try to play it.

Regardless of whether this kid is the real deal, I think that there are good kickers out there who can be had as UDFAs. Gostkowski has something like a $3.4M cap hit this year and $3.8M next year, and he's just not worth it. Cutting him would save $1.8M this year and $3M in 2014. Meanwhile the Rams got Greg Zuerlein as a 6th round pick and the Ravens got Justin Tucker as a UDFA.

Agreed that kickers are rarely worth anywhere near what Gostkowski's getting. He himself most definitely isn't worth it.

Can he rush the passer?

Saw this clip on 'Rome' and Comcast Sportsnet.......both said the Jets were bringing this guy in for a tryout!

He's an anti-Scandite! Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about that?

Indeed - "The Yada Yada Yada" - Kramer refers to Jerry's disapproval of Tim Whatley (the dentist) as making Jerry "a RABID anti-dentite."

Kramer: Next thing you know you'll be saying they should have their own schools!

Jerry: They DO have their own schools!

Agreed that kickers are rarely worth anywhere near what Gostkowski's getting. He himself most definitely isn't worth it.

Then why did BB et al. feel it was a good idea? They didn't do it for s***s and giggles.

And altitude.

Don't they adjust track and field records for altitude? Weird to think that density of moisture in the air can cause an object to slow down that much.

IIRC, the world's record for the long jump was set at the Mexico City Olympics in 1968 by Bob Beamon.
That record, set at an altitude of over a mile & a quarter, and with a slight tailwind, stood for a remarkable
(in track & field terms) 23 years. He didn't just break the world record, he obliterated it, with help.

The guy made 6 50 yard kicks in a row at one point.
And hitting the first ball with the second ball while it was still in midair, ridiculous.
Hope he lands a pro job somewhere cos he looks talented. Just not with the Jets please. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back