PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A little OT: cheerleader distraction....(very funny)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
from

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks

I'm not sure how former Giants quarterback Jesse "The Bachelor" Palmer's weekly column slipped under the Hashmarks radar.

In the delightful "Third Down" portion of Palmer's column, he gives his take on the league's recent crackdown on cheerleaders stretching in plain sight of players as they prepare for games.

He then tells one of best stories I've heard in a while (thanks to Ralph Vacchiano):

"While starting for the New York Giants in Week 16 versus the Dallas Cowboys in 2005 (actually 2003), I found out just how distracting cheerleaders can be. In that game we started several drives inside our own 20-yard line, with each drive following a TV timeout. With my back to the end zone in the huddle, I became frustrated because I couldn't make eye contact with any of my 10 teammates as I was trying to call our plays; they were all staring right at the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders who were performing in the end zone.

I remember our offensive linemen shaking their heads in utter amazement, but the classic line came from our tight end, Visanthe Shiancoe, who interrupted me in the middle of a play call and said, "Jesse you really need to turn around and see this..."

Strong work, Jesse.

As every man eventually learns (or ought to learn),
Cherchez la femme!
is no exaggeration ... no joke.

ild like to see those cheerleaders.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back