PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9/25: NFL STILL Digging The Hole Deeper Against Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, that's why Berman's conclusion re: lack of notice is so important. Any subsequent investigation will fail for the same reason. NFL can't fix lack of notice.

If the league "proved" an elaborate, multi-year conspiracy, which involved fooling officialdom in multiple ways, they might be able to say that it's conduct detrimental after all, subject to a harsh penalty.

However, pulling that off would involve, among other things, a lot more competence than they've show to date.

Nope, that's why Berman's conclusion re: lack of notice is so important. Any subsequent investigation will fail for the same reason. NFL can't fix lack of notice.

Won't hold up in court != Can't do it

Won't hold up in court != Can't do it

Sure it does. If they tried to Brady could get a stay on it immediately and get it thrown out pretty trivially, and the NFL would probably get annihilated in court over it.

Sure it does. If they tried to Brady could get a stay on it immediately and get it thrown out pretty trivially, and the NFL would probably get annihilated in court over it.

I mean, the NFL would be colossally stupid to do it...

According to @WallachLegal, the date to watch is October 1. He says today that 1 Oct is the deadline for the NFL to ask for an expedited appeal.

An angry Brady and BB is not good for our opponents. So thanks i guess

Yep. He's a fraud. Scared those listeners will tune out if he takes a pro- Brady stance
Correct. I watch his morning show with Carton often and also listen to him when he's on the Sports Hub being interviewed here. Night and day. He's a two faced hypocrite

So I guess the owners saw Brady laying waste to the first two teams and decided they really should continue to pursue it? LOL

I'm reading on weei.com that the NFL released a statement today saying "It is highly unlikely that the appeal will be decided before the end of the season"

According to @WallachLegal, the date to watch is October 1. He says today that 1 Oct is the deadline for the NFL to ask for an expedited appeal.
Maybe the *NFL really is going to ask for it and that's why this source is shooting his mouth off.

This isn't about Carton or Boomer. They are just pawns in the NFL's greater strategy. So wasting any energy railing about the likes of them or any mediot at this point is just useless. Now a smart man may think that it was a mistake for the league to make yet ANOTHER idiotic remark about Brady and Deflategate. But was it?

Along with all the commentary decrying the error of this mythical source, the phrases "Tom Brady" and "likely suspended" gets repeated 1000's of times and pounded into the national conscientiousness. It will satisfy for weeks the "where there's smoke their's fire" crowd, and for many "haters" this is just further proof that justice is only a matter of time for Brady.

So for nothing more than an untraceable leak by someone no one cares about, nor will ever need again, the league has managed to rain on Tom's parade today, and further taint his already well worn legacy. In a dark office somewhere on 354 Park St. a small group of petty, malevolent men are feeling proud of themselves as they drink a toast and proclaim themselves "Masters of the Universe" for another day.

Here is the good news.....possibly. At some point in time Tom Brady will have to come to the conclusion that this IS personal, and for however it started, the people who administer and run the NFL want Tom Brady DESTROYED, regardless of the cost or common sense. I pray to god that Tom will look at what it has taken for him to create his legacy, and decide that he won't let it be taken away over NOTHING more than a power play by far lesser people. Most importantly, I hope that Tom has the intelligence and awareness to understand that ignoring or waiting out the attacks is NOT sound advice. I am hoping with every part of my existence that wise and influential heads around him have told him,

"Tom don't worry about a thing this season. Just play football and have a great year. But when the playing is over, be confident that we will have everything in place, when you come back from vacation we can finally take the fight to THEM and start to take back your legacy from those who are attacking it."

PLEASE let that have some truth to it.

Last edited:
My money is on Vincent

Report: Jim Irsay, Steve Bisciotti among owners who want Tom Brady's suspension upheld

usa-today-8441736.0.jpg

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-the-hole-deeper-against-brady.1123917/page-2

Sun Oct 18
8:30PM
That's a great shot. Lookin' good there Jim. Hey, got an 'ludes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST