Welcome to PatsFans.com

7/31 PM notes: Reiss, SMY, Perillo, Hart, Scalavino

Discussion in 'Patriots 2009 Training Camp Reports and Photos' started by pats1, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Day 2, second Patriots practice - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

...I too have seen Maroney and Taylor running warmups together.

Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog Blog Archive From the Hart: Friday afternoon thoughts

Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog Blog Archive Paul’s Calls: Primary improvement

http://patsblog.projo.com/2009/07/camp-session-4.html

Training Camp Notebook: Friday PM

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  2. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +181 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

HMMM i wonder if the Media would be better served to split up becuase I have heard some similar comments which I didn't notice Like Springs being winded. (not that he wasnt) but wonder if they were talking bout it together and would rather they all form their own opinions (maybe they came to the same conclusion seperately)

3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I believe the media are restricted to a specific location(s) and have pretty similar perspectives of the field. And yes, if you think back just a few months to the brouhaha when some dork website guy was listening in on a conversation inside the pressroom and reported it on his website, you'll probably recall how the folks all working cheek by jowl together tend to discuss things together as they are covering it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  4. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 0 / -3

After they congregate and get a feel for what each other's stories may be perhaps it is a case of learning from the past that if they don't take the offensive (i.e., try to be the first to break the news), then they end up going on the defensive because they are labeled as having missed out on news that was made public by a rival. Kind of a damned if you do (for following the herd), damned if you don't (why didn't you include this info!) situation.

Perhaps some of those that post here that are part of the media might share their thoughts. Even if they were not restricted to specific areas I'm guessing most would end up congregating together anyways; what then, force each member of the media to his own section?

5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +181 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I was just saying and to be honest I think for the most part the Media covering this team is great (herald and a few select few aside) especially with their Camp reports. Just that when something is reported by more than pne of them it really makes it seem more accurate (specifically as it relates to camp observations) and I don't think it was as blatant as they made it seem. I mean is it really a reason to put someone in the down category because they were winded at the end of a two minute drill at the end of double sessions of their first practice especially when the reason he missed day one was reported to be a wek long illness.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.