4 Reasons Why Patriots QB Tom Brady Will Be Even Better in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
4 Reasons Why Patriots QB Tom Brady Will Be Even Better in 2015

Steve Balestrieri

With most of the returning veterans from a Super Bowl run in place and a solid off-season, Tom Brady and the Patriots offense should be even better in 2015.

Continue reading...

Lol a dislike? People make me laugh

Your article makes a lot of valid points. Brady isn't going into the season with a brand new cast of WRs and a rehabbing Gronk. The only step back they took was in losing Vereen, but he wasn't exactly a hall of famer back there, he had his good and bad days, and im sure between White and Cadet they can replace a good percentage of his production

At WR they're better simply from continuity at the position. LaFell isn't going to have his head spinning trying to figure out the playbook and be on the same page as Brady, so he should only improve.

Edelman is Edelman, he knows the offense inside and out, and so far has been perfectly healthy.

Amendola can hopefully fight off the injury monster this year. . He was playing very well towards the end of the year and played a big role in the playoff run, so assuming he stays healthy, he should greatly improve from last year statistically

Dobson is going to be making his last chance at redemption for a disappointing 2 years with injuries. The good news is they're only expecting him to compete for the 4th WR position

The tight end position is greatly improved and loaded with depth. Gronk isn't coming back from a serious knee injury this year and will be there for all of training camp.. he should start out strong and continue that way for the entire season if he avoids injury

Chandler is another behemoth target in the red zone for Brady. He's a talented TE that was the #1 in Buffalo with horrid QB play and still managed to kill the Pats Ala Welker. Now he's the #2 TE with a hall of famer, so he'll definitely produce for them.

Behind them is Wright and Fred Davis. One a savvy veteran that is extremely talented but often injured and the other is a young buck that really helped in the red zone last year, even after being brought in via trade after training camp had ended.

The offensive line should be greatly improved as well, with continuity at both tackle positions and center. They drafted 2 potential starters at guard and the starters from last year will be depth this year.

There is plenty to feel good and be excited about for the upcoming season!

Ugh why is it broken up into four tiny pages you have to click each one? Please give the option to view entire article at once. don't want this to become odometer or another one of the click bait sites where you have to click just to get one more paragraph of text. I stopped after page 2.

Last edited:
On offense everything around him is more stable, healthier, and deeper except running back.

But even still it all pretty much comes down to the health of Gronk. Not that Brady can't do it without him just with him we are virtually unstoppable.

5. Tom Brady and the Pats finally got their long awaited fourth ring. That must have been liberating. They will be going into this season without that pressure which might translate into a loose and relaxed team. Some may suggest that Deflate Gate adds some pressure but I would say it will add to a FU attitude because of how utterly ridiculous the whole thing was.

6. Football is a complimentary game. Good defenses tire late in games because they have been on the field too long because their offense couldn't sustain drives throughout the game. This years Pats offense looks to be more dangerous than last years for reasons mentioned in the article. That could translate into a rested defense in 4th quarters. I know their is going to be a drop off at CB but from what to what? 5th best CB's to 15th? With sustained drives to keep the defense rested and a beefed up front 7, I think our CB's are going to be fine. Some hick ups? yes. A collapse? No.

My prediction is a 13-3 season and and a record of scoring the most points in a game by a team during week 6 vs the Colts. Predicted score in the Colts game: 17-76 Pats.

Ugh why is it broken up into four tiny pages you have to click each one? Please give the option to view entire article at once. don't want this to become odometer or another one of the click bait sites where you have to click just to get one more paragraph of text. I stopped after page 2.

Because it costs money to run this site. Advertising pays so that you can post for free.

5. Tom Brady and the Pats finally got their long awaited fourth ring. That must have been liberating. They will be going into this season without that pressure which might translate into a loose and relaxed team. Some may suggest that Deflate Gate adds some pressure but I would say it will add to a FU attitude because of how utterly ridiculous the whole thing was.

6. Football is a complimentary game. Good defenses tire late in games because they have been on the field too long because their offense couldn't sustain drives throughout the game. This years Pats offense looks to be more dangerous than last years for reasons mentioned in the article. That could translate into a rested defense in 4th quarters. I know their is going to be a drop off at CB but from what to what? 5th best CB's to 15th? With sustained drives to keep the defense rested and a beefed up front 7, I think our CB's are going to be fine. Some hick ups? yes. A collapse? No.

My prediction is a 13-3 season and and a record of scoring the most points in a game by a team during week 6 vs the Colts. Predicted score in the Colts game: 17-76 Pats.
Not to be negative nelly but who on this roster is the 15th best CB in the league?

Not to be negative nelly but who on this roster is the 15th best CB in the league?

Good question. If we are talking player vs player I don't know if we have one. If we are talking about overall team results then I think our CB's will be fine. My (possibly overly optimistic) theory is that according to PFF a Quarterbacks effectiveness drops the less time he has to throw it. Turnovers go up. On the other hand a CB's effectiveness goes up when the opposing teams QB has less time to throw. The less time they have to cover a receiver the more effective they will be. A good pass rush can make a mediocre CB corp look like a good one. I guess you could say that I am excited to see how the beefed up front seven will performs this season.

There are many other factors involved in that but that's the basis of why I thought that overall our CB's would be fine. Not to say there won't be a bad game or two.

Good question. If we are talking player vs player I don't know if we have one. If we are talking about overall team results then I think our CB's will be fine. My (possibly overly optimistic) theory is that according to PFF a Quarterbacks effectiveness drops the less time he has to throw it. Turnovers go up. On the other hand a CB's effectiveness goes up when the opposing teams QB has less time to throw. The less time they have to cover a receiver the more effective they will be. A good pass rush can make a mediocre CB corp look like a good one. I guess you could say that I am excited to see how the beefed up front seven will performs this season.

There are many other factors involved in that but that's the basis of why I thought that overall our CB's would be fine. Not to say there won't be a bad game or two.
I don't think our Defensive backfield will be bad but I think that has more to do with scheme and our safeties.

Because it costs money to run this site. Advertising pays so that you can post for free.
There are less annoying ways.... Why stop with single paragraphs? Let's have one click per word!

There are less annoying ways.... Why stop with single paragraphs? Let's have one click per word!

I know what you mean but it wasn't that bad. Now if you want to talk about slide show type lists with the dozen pop ups all over the screen, I'm with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST