PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will probably be a WR run starting soon.

There are some injury concerns with Brian Thomas apparently. He might drop a few spots (but probably gone before 34).

Mitchell, Arnold, Fautanu, Barton, Guyton, Thomas, Mitchell, Worthy all still there. All would be really good for us

Yep , its shaping up pretty good for us at wr or ot. Gotta figure more defenders will start going now. Hopefully someone takes a cole strange too in the next dozen picks or so

Unfortunately this is where the second run on WRs was expected to start and the last of the OTs was supposed to be hoovered up.

Eliot Wolf suggested in his presser earlier that we were looking for more picks so could actually see us trade down by 34 if the likes of Guyton/Mitchell are gone.

There are some injury concerns with Brian Thomas apparently. He might drop a few spots (but probably gone before 34).

Mitchell, Arnold, Fautanu, Barton, Guyton, Thomas, Mitchell, Worthy all still there. All would be really good for us. Adding our 4th rounder to 34 could get us to 29 by the trade chart.
Fautanu just went to the Burghers.

Fautanu gone

No CBs taken yet, mildly surprising
I would be thinking about Arnold as well. I think he would be a great complement to Gonzo. Gonzo on opposing teams WR1 with Arnold who you can move around bc of his hips, route recognition, toughness and competitiveness. Very tough at the catch point. Very physical smart and versatile. Hundreds of ST snaps. I have a 1st on him so I like the value and you can't complain about a potential Gonzo/Arnold duo.

Cooper would be a very NEP pick too. Again another guy you can kind of match up week to week. I want Thomas with Maye though. Give our new QB a WR with real potential.

Penix and Nix were held in higher regard by nfl front offices than by mock drafters.

Look to see Spencer Rattler, the best QB of the bunch, be taken in the middle of the second.

Dunno if Guyton or the BYU OT will still be there at #34...

Andy Reid: "Are there any available timeouts in the draft?"
NFL: "No. But since you are the last to pick, we have added 3 timeouts you can use when your on the clock."
Andy Reid: "I won't be using them."
NFL: "But we just added them specially for you and your team."
Andy Reid: "I just need to know they are there, but I have no need to use them. Thank you."

Have to think the Eagles will go CB

A bit surprised by Miami pick here

Have to think the Eagles will go CB
They signed Smith to a top of the market WR contract and then signed AJ Brown to the biggest WR contract ever a few days later, so naturally I think they’re probably going to draft a WR

This whole thing has been fantastic. Never watched McAfee and didn't know what to expect but it's been awesome with Belichick.

I have McAfee on my laptop while I have ABC on the flat screen.

Ya know, to hell with ABC and their damn boring coverage.

I get it, ABC feels they gotta give those college football analyst dweebs their day, gotta give crying family members their day, gotta show that asswipe Omissioner, but who the bleep really wants to watch that stuff other than those player's families and CFL dweebs?

What about those of us who are actual NFL fans?

I get it, a bunch of bros doing the locker room schtick isn't for everyone, but I'm so damn sick of the same old same old.

I'm thinking I'll buzz through the McAfee stuff again tomorrow to pick up on things I've missed today. I've never said that about the coverage from ABC/ESPN/NFLN.

Now BB is looking at what's left on the board and pointing out who PHL should take.

On ABC we got Nick Saban blabbing on.

Who cares what he has to say?

Be huge if jax doesnt take wr. Gut tells me dal,gb,tb , az arent going wr.

There’s a big chance Latham is a bust..

There was a good chance Gronk wouldn’t make it because his back was so ****ed up. You have to take calculated risks if you are an NFL GM, if all you do is take safe picks you are probably going to always be mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore