PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I understand this right, Minnesota came into this draft with two 1sts, zero 2nds, zero 3rds, two 4ths and two 5ths.

They also had zero 2nds next year.

They’ve now traded one of their two 4ths and both of their two 5ths, plus their only 3rd and 5th next year, to move up 1 slot from 10 to 11 and 6 slots from 23 to 17.

So now they will have pick 10, 17, one 4th, one 6th and two 7ths this year, and their one 1st, one 4th, one 6th and one 7th next year.

Talk about emptying the cupboard…
And they still won’t win the NFC North.

If one of these top prospects the Pats need falls to 23, the Pats may want to trade up with Minnesota at 23. They can send a 4th rounder to replenish the one that Minnesota sent the Jets in their earlier move, pick 34, and a 2025 pick.
Didn’t the Vikings trade the 23rd to move up

Rams draft room looks like a frat house

This whole segment with BB, McAfee and co calling out the Colts for fake crowd noise is FABULOUS!

CHEATERS!

This whole thing has been fantastic. Never watched McAfee and didn't know what to expect but it's been awesome with Belichick.

Love to get Thomas somehow

This Sucks picking 3rd
I don’t know whether to **** or wind my watch

Latu is nasty. If he stays healthy he'll be a beast. Very very versatile, understands what blocks are coming at him.

I love Thomas Jr

Big time basketball background, very good player.

he's a perfect flanker/end in the wco while taking a small % from the slot.

He's a gazelle in the open field. Electric runner, stop & start ability at almost 6'3/210. He can sink accelerate very quick up to a real 4.3. Plus acceleration with an extra gear.

Variety of hesitation releases. Needs to get stronger to handle real NFL press but he's a big boy that can handle some muscle.

HWS guy that is right up there with what GB and NE likes from WR.

Plus focus and strength on contested catches. Can go up and get the ball high and away from his body.

Big time blocker. Daniels ran even when he didn't have to and Thomas blocked his ass off.

Doesn't lose speed from catch to run can weave and shift without losing speed.

Plus tracker that stays in stride, doesn't lose speed and always focused.

Not many negatives besides his lack of route tree but that was on LSU. They ran a very simple system. What he did do he was great at. Analytics don't like him bc he didn't breakout until now but I love his game.
He fits the mold of the type of WR they have been trying to acquire.

Surprised he hasn’t been taken, they should be trying to go get him

No CBs taken yet, mildly surprising

This whole thing has been fantastic. Never watched McAfee and didn't know what to expect but it's been awesome with Belichick.

BB has been awesome; he really, really did his homework (unlike most reporters). I hate to say this, but he seems to like JJ better than Drake Maye, uh-oh...

Mad Mel was hilarious, fantastic....

Could have done without time-wasting card tricks...

There are some injury concerns with Brian Thomas apparently. He might drop a few spots (but probably gone before 34).

Mitchell, Arnold, Fautanu, Barton, Guyton, Thomas, Mitchell, Worthy all still there. All would be really good for us. Adding our 4th rounder to 34 could get us to 29 by the trade chart.

He fits the mold of the type of WR they have been trying to acquire.

Surprised he hasn’t been taken, they should be trying to go get him
I hope they're working the phones

BB has been awesome; he really, really did his homework (unlike most reporters). I hate to say this, but he seems to like JJ better than Drake Maye, uh-oh...

Mad Mel was hilarious, fantastic....

Could have done without time-wasting card tricks...

Meh...BB the GM has been missing more than hitting lately with his picks...

We could use a corner run soon if 34 is in play for WR/OT.

We should be able to trade up with jaguars in 1st round by sending 34 + 4th this year and 4th next year if Brian Thomas is available else I would want to see adonai mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore