PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 WEEK 14 OFFICIAL Thursday Night Football Game Thread - NE @ PIT

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still holding on to the hope that Mac might throw while stepping into one? Haven't seen it for months, so that's entirely theoretical.

He'll be throwing pizzas into ovens soon enough. Hope he doesn't flutter them off the back foot onto the floor.

Zappe is able to go through his progression and reads so much better than Mac. Zappe does not panic and is able to make a positive play even when he can’t find an open receiver. I am just shocked that Mac could never do that !!!

K White enjoyed that

Zappe is able to go through his progression and reads so much better than Mac. Zappe does not panic and is able to make a positive play even when he can’t find an open receiver. I am just shocked that Mac could never do that !!!
10s issue has ALWAYS been that he abandons his read before the route is mature. Then he gets indecisive and either throws late in another route or checks down.

Reactions: ALP
It looks stronger because he's throwing with confidence, not these half-hearted/unsure throws Mac was throwing.

Big test in this second half to see if he's got it in him to keep their foot on the throat of the Steelers.
I think that will be as much on the coaching staff. I want to see it, my under bet is already toast.

Saw a play where Zappe went through like 5 reads and then dumped it off. I can’t think of a time this year I’ve seen Mac go through his progressions like that. Usually it’s one read, maybe two if we’re lucky, then panic and fall down or throw an INT.

I think that’s being proven already.

Always want to win. We have 100 mill in cap space. 5 games like this one, and you can really evaluate what you need to do.
I’m with you on the qb being the biggest difference.

At this point with no playoffs I’d rather be picking closer to 2 than say 10-15. And ultimately picking 10 or so spots earlier in every round after. Armed with higher picks and the cap space you mentioned we can fix this offense in one offseason.

I have never seen Mac come close to as good a throw as that.
Mac has had some great throws, imho. Problem is he's Jekyll and Hyde up there.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results