PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 PostGame Thread: Week 13 - Patriots Lose to Chargers 6-0

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Steichen beating Vrabel is exactly why you need a offensive minded head coach.

I'm curious: what would be your plan for the QB position if you were GM?
Journeyman FA > either 2nd round QB, or draft one next year as they likely will have top 10 pick again.

This year it depends upon who declares.

Looking like Beck is staying at UGA (Big NIL offer), Sanders and Ewers both staying. So may not be anything worth it in the too two rounds if you wait.

That said, I’m drafting the nastiest O-line I can find in the draft. Two Tackles, and a G/C.

I use FA to find a QB and some competent skill players.

Two picks after Thornton. . . . sigh. [I get the need for speed, but 6'2", 181? Really?]
I liked Thornton but I really liked pierce to be honest I wanted Thornton more cause the speed.
But Pierce looked like the better receiver and the kind of guy we’d played really well with.
Reminded me of a better version of Chris Hogan.

no, it's a football term, football as in soccer. usage: The keeper really bundled that one and the ball went in the goal between his legs
Wow I have never heard that before! Thanks

So we win the tie?

as I’m typing this Pitt missed a FG.
At this exact moment, yes.

If ARI loses, they'll drop to 2-11 and re-gain #2 based on W-L record.
If they win, they'll be 3-10 and drop to #3.

And, again: easier SOS = earlier pick. The NFL philosophy is the team that played the easier schedule needs the higher pick.

Another brutal loss.
Defense played BETTER
Didn't matter
Offensive line was the root cause

If us and AZ have the same record is it a coin flip?
Nope. No coin flip needed. According to Tankathon New England is currently slotted at #2 because our strength of schedule is weaker.

1701639833711.png

Our only downfall would be winning more games. At 2-10 it's time to seriously think about racing to the bottom! Only we know BB would never do it because he's worried about 'looking good'. The only good news is that it's mostly out of his control now. Thanks to his own ineptness as a GM, BB has TANKED the TALENT on offense so badly we have lost 3 games in a row where our defense only allowed 10 points or less!

Paid attendance today said 64,628 ... I don't know how accurate that is, but that's the official number from the league.

I have a hard time putting the blame on Zappe. He obviously could've been better, but he wasn't ****ting his pants and throwing panic balls. He threw multiple passes that could have been huge plays if his man had caught it or had gotten another foot in bounds. Other times he just got screwed. He didn't have any plays where he personally screwed the pooch that I can think of. This one was really just on the OL and receivers blowing it. That said, Zappe can absolutely be upgraded...
This is 6 years of not being able to really draft receivers at all coming back to bite us and the loss of Scar as an Oline coach. BB may be the best coach in the league, but his unwillingness to go outside of his coaching tree, the loss of coaching talent, and his horrible offensive GM skills at the 2nd most important position in the game these days has done him in. At 70 something, he surely doesn't have the energy he once had in his 40's and they are running the leanest coaching staff in the league I believe. His philosophy has really doomed him to failure and his unwillingness to get help for himself. Maybe his ego go ahold of him and he thought he was bigger than the team he could put around himself.

Paid attendance today said 64,628 ... I don't know how accurate that is, but that's the official number from the league.
What is normal? That feels higher than it looked like.

Did either team even get in the red zone?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back