PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Patriots Stats Database

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just an FYI for my fellow stat nerds, these are now available:

I've noticed that these pages hardly ever get used, but for those who do, I'll be updating both hopefully on Mon or Tues like I have in past years.

Thanks this is helpful

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
Sweet - at least one person will use it. #win
:D if i would have to guess i would say ring6 always looks for stats too

:D if i would have to guess i would say ring6 always looks for stats too
LOL, it's just funny - I've been doing it for a while (since 2012?) and it literally gets single-digit views each month. I actually stopped in 2020 for a season, but I started doing it again because the other stat sites don't let you group together games, view multiple parameters, etc. easily, which I needed. That's actually why I started doing it to begin with, but it's just funny how it never really caught on. I'm going to go back in at some point and fill in that season and then re-work it so you can view it by year, etc. I figure since I'll now have about 10-years, it makes sense to at least to get that done.

Last edited:
LOL, it's just funny - I've been doing it for a while (since 2012?) and it literally gets single-digit views each month. I actually stopped in 2020 for a season, but I started doing it again because the other stat sites don't let you group together games, view multiple parameters, etc. easily, which I needed. That's actually why I started doing it to begin with, but it's just funny how it never really caught on. I'm going to go back in at some point and fill in that season and then re-work it so you can view it by year, etc. I figure since I'll now have about 10-years, it makes sense to at least to get that done.
to be honest i did not look it up often, because most of the times i don't see the thread here and don't know how to find them otherwise. It may goes down in the number of threads around game weekends.

Quick FYI - these have both been updated.

Can you add INT to the short/deep zone graph to see where they're being thrown? Thanks.

Interesting that passing to the right is stronger than passing left, short or deep.

This is great... can you create one for the Bucs on the Brady forum? I really like the sorting features.

You can really see how Zappe has been much more productive than Mac in most situations... the notable exception being in the 4th quarter when they're equally bad.

If Stevenson can become more productive in the red zone then he will really takeover the lead RB role.

Thanks for creating this database!

This is great... can you create one for the Bucs on the Brady forum? I really like the sorting features.
You're pushing it. The great Ian has barely enough time to do it for the Patriots, forget about him doing it for Tampa or another team. Nobody on here cares about other teams except the Pats.

You're pushing it. The great Ian has barely enough time to do it for the Patriots, forget about him doing it for Tampa or another team. Nobody on here cares about other teams except the Pats.
Just asking. Obviously it's understandable if it can't be done. If by "here" you're including the Brady forum, I don't agree with your last comment. It's a sub-forum essentially created for another team.

LOL, had to laugh when I read that. Hardly great, but hopefully adequate.

And @crawhammer, I had actually attempted many years ago to try and do it across the league, but it's a massive timesuck since it requires tracking every play in every game for every team and manually entering them. I spent all day on one of my off days doing it for a few weeks, and it was just too much. That and my wife was about ready to kill me. It's essentially 70-ish plays x 32 teams, so over 2200 plays per week.

The other issue, to provide a little insight on this, is that the league often goes back and changes a play within a given game weeks after it's been played. So all of a sudden, a player will be down 1-2 yards in his stats which then requires trying to go back through each game to try to figure out what game and play the change occurred. That tends to happen at least a few times per season, which also adds to the level of difficulty. I audit them a fair amount throughout the year and sometimes even notify other sites about a change to help them out. It's definitely a little crazy.

People have also asked in the past, and I did track the defensive side for a season, and that side tends to see tackles changed pretty frequently, almost weekly (sack and tackle credits changed a fair amount) which made it pretty tough. I may attempt it again at some point, but that's the reason.

So no - not something I'll be doing outside of the Patriots. But still glad you think it's useful :cool:

Last edited:
Just an FYI for my fellow stat nerds, these are now available:

I've noticed that these pages hardly ever get used, but for those who do, I'll be updating both hopefully on Mon or Tues like I have in past years.

Dude this is pretty sweet.

Wish there was a Bills version. :)

• ThankU!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results