PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Draft Day 3: Rounds 4-7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick rumination, before I head out to do some tilling....

The QB pick only makes sense in 2 contexts:

JAG isn't cutting it
JAG/Brady is gone after this season

Drafting a development project doesn't help the "Brady is suspended" situation. This team could, theoretically, end up going from a 2 QB team to a 4 QB team.

Any good OT prospects left?

I need Chris Swain to give me two in the draft competition. Could get three with Braverman.

It was not that complicated of a statement to have to search for words

When you're trying not to expose your source when it's a limited group, and you're trying to find a clean way to say "They think Goodell needs to eat a whole bag of ****s", you sometimes get a little jumbled up.

JAG isn't cutting it

Drafting a development project doesn't help the "Brady is suspended" situation. This team could, theoretically, end up going from a 2 QB team to a 4 QB team.
Yeah, I don't get it either. Do we really want the rook as the primary backup if god forbid Brady's suspension is still on? Probably better off having a veteran.

Any good OT prospects left?

"Meh" and "Maybe" would both be my answers. A few interesting guys left but nothing i would feel would be a great steal at this point.

is scooby that bad?? i thought he was highly rated..

No. He ran a 4.9 at the a combine which plummeted him. Kinda like Butler did at the Bama pro day. He isn't really a good coverage linebacker but he's a thumper. I've seen him. Quick reads and can shed blocks. I'm shocked, and I mean shocked he hasn't been picked yet. I figured a late 4th-mid 5th. Someone is going to get a steal.

JAG isn't cutting it

Brady is 40 years old.

Brady may be planning to retire and fight the battle legally, rather accept a suspension of any length, from Goodell for an offense he did not commit.

Did you hear Caserio last night? He openly stated they had to move picks because they needed the roster room. I can only assume you either didn't hear it or thought he was lying.

So, I'd rather have a 4th next year even if it's at the end because they don't have one period. Since they let it be known they needed to move, I think they did fine.

It's a debate between a late 4th next year and an early 5th this year. Big deal.

Hey, we got a higher 7th round pick, apparently.

Trade value chart? lol.

JAG isn't cutting it

I think the hope or upside is that assuming Brady is suspended, Garapollo plays well enough (and Brady doesn't decline when he returns) that they can flip him for a 2017 first rounder. And still have someone with experience in the system and a low cap hit as the 2017 backup. Will be a very large dead cap charge if they cut/trade Brady after this year, he'll be on the 2017 roster almost assuredly.

I need Chris Swain to give me two in the draft competition. Could get three with Braverman.
There's still hope to get that ode, manx! You can do it!

I'm sitting on a goose egg, but still have two guys available that could get picked... Should be at 1 if I didn't take Cyrus Jones off my list late. Oh well.

You are aware that there were 9 fourth round comp picks this year, with a similar number in the past? It's closer to a 20 spot jump.

So, the fifth round wasn't the fifth round this year, but the bottom of the fourth round next year, plus a few spots in the seventh round?

S Tevin Carter, move-TE Devon Cajuste and Interior OL Dan Voltz and Mitch Smothers are still on the board. It's too early for DT Connor Wujciak.

I hope I don't jinx them.

It is officially not too early for anyone. That happens in the 6th for sure. I don't think any GM ever got chewed out over taking a shot in the 6 to get a no named guy they liked.

Doug Kyed just reminded me that Travis Feeney is still available. Undersized but very athletic linebacker. Eric Striker too I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST