PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 NFL Draft, Day 3: Rounds 4 - 7 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds a lot like Wendell, but Wendell couldn't even block the big DT'S in the run game either. lol
I was actually talking about Wendell last season, Stork is much stronger and bigger than Wendell, but Wendell is significantly quicker.

If you combined them you would have a really good center.

Even last season he was one of the better run blocking OCs, his issues are in pass protection and mainly against bigger strong DTs using a bull rush.

I heard the opposite about Stork - he's better at pass protection than run blocking. The bottom line is that wendell did not fit the profile of a good center at 6'2 and 290 pounds. Stork is 6'4 and 306. Stork needs to add some bulk, but should be an upgrade over Wendell.

There goes Andre Williams to the Giants..

Im surprised that Aaron Colvin went so early!

He was, by metrics or by eye test, one of the better centers in the league two seasons ago.

Wendell has never been one of the better centers in the league.

Giants got our man, Andre Williams

I heard the opposite about Stork - he's better at pass protection than run blocking. The bottom line is that wendell did not fit the profile of a good center at 6'2 and 290 pounds. Stork is 6'4 and 306. Stork needs to add some bulk, but should be an upgrade over Wendell.

The knock on Stork is that he's top heavy and that he doesn't balance his workouts which is why he hurt his shoulder this year.. That's something that can be corrected..

We actually face off against –

Wilkerson/Richardson
K Williams/Dareus
Stark/Odrick

So we definitely needed to improve that position. I just would have preferred Joel Bitonio, Weston Richburg, or Marcus Martin. I think Martin has a chance to be a Mack type player.

You think maybe some teams thought Martin was too young? He'll be 25 coming OFF his rookie contract.

What about Richardson or Henderson at OT as a pick? We could use some additional bench strength in that position.

That's 3 pretty good players in a row off the board in Daquan Jones, Andre Williams and Aaron Colvin. Jags are clearly taking a long term approach to this draft so I like the Colvin pick for them.

Good pick at a need position. Stork won the Rimington Trophy as the nation's top center and also earned First Team All-ACC honors as picked by the league's coaches as well as the media. Like his size and smarts.
I like this pick. We said we needed a true center and someone who can protect Brady, Rimington winner and center of the Champs. I like it.

there goes daquan jones.:( he's better than jones, vellano, and silinga.

Jaguars select Aaron Colvin - CB.. Was one of the top ranked until he got hurt in the off-season.

What about Richardson or Henderson at OT as a pick? We could use some additional bench strength in that position.

I like Tiny Richardson, especially if we go monster OL and move him to RG. I seriously doubt Seantrel Henderson is on the Pats board, he will be lucky to get drafted after the disaster his draft process was.

I'd be more in favor of tight end, safety, lb, running back at this point

Bills just traded for RB Bryce Brown.

there goes daquan jones.:( he's better than jones, vellano, and silinga.

Daquan Jones = NT. Chris Jones = 3-Tech DT.. Different positions. But, yeah, let's compare them.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST