PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009: NFL Week 1 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derrick Gunn is reporting that McNabb will be out 2-4 weeks with cracked ribs.

Vick will be eligible to play again Week 3.

QB controversy in 5 . . . 4 . . .

Kurt Warner with a 0 QB rating so far . . .

Reid is apparently on record saying while Vick was the #2 behind McNabb that was just for wildcat purposes. If anything happened to McNabb (he must have had his annual premonition) Kolb would be the #1. Of course that can all change if Kolb sucks or if McNabb struggles once he comes back. But definitely it's :popcorn: time in Philly.

The QB situation in Carolina is pretty precarious, too. What a stupid thing Fox and Co. did giving Jake that extension...

Derrick Gunn is reporting that McNabb will be out 2-4 weeks with cracked ribs.

Vick will be eligible to play again Week 3.

Gee Farve played with broken ribs. Remember he told everyone this before his first game...:singing:

Gee Farve played with broken ribs and a heavy dose of Vicodin. Remember he told everyone this before his first game...:singing:

That's better. :D

All I have to say is that the Texans suck. I can't believe they never blitzed Sanchez and let him convert third and long constantly. Pathetic.

Does Zorn drink during the games?

Does Zorn drink during the games?

If he doesn't then he's going to drink afterward. What the hell was Jason Campell thinking audibling to a run when the Giants had 9 in the box on 3rd and 8?

Lot of bad defenses out there. Saints with over 500 yards total offense including over 150 yards rushing ... of well, it is the lions. But the Ravens also had over 500 total yards, and the Jets had over 450. Those teams just do not have powerhouse offenses. Plus the Cowboys and Tampa Bay each had over 450 net yards against each other - TB isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, either. That's 25% (5 teams out of 20) who have completed games so far with over 450 yards total offense.

I love that the Jets dominated Houston. Now the gangrene guys will be clamoring about how they are a potentially "dominant" team going into their week 2 meeting with the Pats. Perfect. Can't wait to hear sexy Rexy mouth off.

Lot of bad defenses out there. Saints with over 500 yards total offense including over 150 yards rushing ... of well, it is the lions. But the Ravens also had over 500 total yards, and the Jets had over 450. Those teams just do not have powerhouse offenses. Plus the Cowboys and Tampa Bay each had over 450 net yards against each other - TB isn't exactly an offensive juggernaut, either. That's 25% (5 teams out of 20) who have completed games so far with over 450 yards total offense.

I love that the Jets dominated Houston. Now the gangrene guys will be clamoring about how they are a potentially "dominant" team going into their week 2 meeting with the Pats. Perfect. Can't wait to hear sexy Rexy mouth off.

The Saints have one of the best O's in the league ... The rest ... meh.

Enemy Recap from Baltimore.

We basically dominated the game but 2 mistakes cost us big time.

First one was on a punt we left a guy completely unblocked and he came scott free to block it into the endzone and then fall on it- TD. I will go out on alimb and say that will not happen again, I mean we just let him run scott free it was a straight blown assignment.

Second one Flacco throws a pick on their 15 yd line and the guy returns it 80 yds down to our 5 yd line. They get a TD out of that one too.

BUT, we put up 500 yds of offense and gave up only 188 (but 2 of KC's plays were a hail mary at the end of the half for 25 yds and the other was a 50 yd bomb that somehow the receiver came up with)

Flacco looked awesome and with the score somehow tied in 4th quarter they sent an all out blitz on 3rd and long and Flacco threw a 31 yd post pattern down the middle with pressure in his face to put us ahead by a TD. Dropped it right over the top to Mark Clayton (one of our horrible receivers that does not scare anyone)

Heap played awesome because they actually sent him out on some routes,had like 5 for 74 and a TD.

Running game was on point, Ray Rice with an easy 109 yds and averages 5.7 a carry. Willis with 2 TD's and some great runs to spell Rice in the 4th quarter.
When we needed a couple on short yardaeg we just handed it to McClain and he got it every time.

Chiefs could not run, and put together one nice drive in the 3rd quarter but that was it.

I am even more confident in Flacco and the offense then I was before the game,I'm telling you this kid is on his way to being a star.

Last edited:
If he doesn't then he's going to drink afterward. What the hell was Jason Campell thinking audibling to a run when the Giants had 9 in the box on 3rd and 8?

Zorn and Campbell both cause skins fans to drink.

I was at the Texans V Jets game today, and the Jets defense look are good, and FAST. And the Texans had one of the best offenses in the league last year and returned all starters. The defense scored the only points for the Texans.

Impressive win for the 49ers today.

Cutler's debut with the Bears tonight.

Has anyone said that Jake Dellhome is a piece of sh*t yet? Instead of trading for a 26 year old QB that played for the best coached team in the league, they sign Dellhome to a five year extension. Peppers should be a Patriot right now! And yes, I'm still in denial.

Cutler just threw three interception worthy passes in a row on the same drive.

First two were dropped, third one finally caught.

Saints looked great, granted it was against the Lions.. But the Lions are going to win at least one game this year, they have some great talent on offense. I have Brees for my FF league so today was nice. Plus the Skins somehow managed to cover +6.5 at the end there. Overall with the free preview of DTV Sunday ticket and the Pats playing tomorrow so i didn't have to worry about that... i watched a whole sh*t ton of football today. :D

Has anyone said that Jake Dellhome is a piece of sh*t yet? Instead of trading for a 26 year old QB that played for the best coached team in the league, they sign Dellhome to a five year extension. Peppers should be a Patriot right now! And yes, I'm still in denial.

Cutler is making Delhomme look good with a 10.8 QB rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back