PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren94

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
well denver let us have it and we shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers.

flutie, dwight, t. brown, starks, poole are all gone.

givens, neal, ashworth, vinatieri are all free agents.

I would LOVE to have a blue chip offensive lineman. I know we took mankins and kaczur, but a top prospect would be nice.

hats off to the broncos, it's time to rebuild and we have a good foundation.

Unfortunately we lost but did well defensively so it won't put second thoughts in the jesters' minds about Mangini.

Running back. We NEED a running back. I'm sorry but corey looks done. Faulk is great as a 3rd down and what not. But we need a new RB.

Despite the loss {we freaking killed ourselves} we got a bright season ahead of us.

Midway through the season I was beginning to question whether we could stop the run or not. With the emergence of Wilfork that question has been ansered ten fold. At the rate we were stopping the run we would of been #1 at stopping it. Signing Seymour long term is priority #1 in the offseason. Without a doubt his presense in the lineup is imperitive to our teams success up front.

I would like to see a top flight cb either drafted or gotten via free agency. I think Hobbs made huge strides and Samuel became solid as the year went on. I just want a proven commodity,not another cb with upside or potential. I would also like to see Starks playing elsewhere. Is that too much too ask?

It's tough to win the superbowl every year but atleast I can say strongly that we are still in position to make another strong crack at it again next season.

I believe Dwight will be back. He was just fine returning punts this year. Otherwise I agree Starks,Poole,Givens,Neal,Evans,T Brown,C Brown,Stone,D Davis are all likely gone.

I also predict that though this will not be popular that A.V. will not be back.

two words: LENDALE WHITE!!!!! Kid is fast and pounds it inside. I would be willing to bet that he gains more yards then Reggie Bush in the NFL. I would love the pats to get him

bruno87 said:
two words: LENDALE WHITE!!!!! Kid is fast and pounds it inside. I would be willing to bet that he gains more yards then Reggie Bush in the NFL. I would love the pats to get him
There is no way he makes it to the late 20's. Plus to be honest we have other needs more pressing i.e. corner,lb,ol,safety etc.

Warren94 said:
well denver let us have it and we shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers.

flutie, dwight, t. brown, starks, poole are all gone.

givens, neal, ashworth, vinatieri are all free agents.

I would LOVE to have a blue chip offensive lineman. I know we took mankins and kaczur, but a top prospect would be nice.

hats off to the broncos, it's time to rebuild and we have a good foundation.
Rebuild? You've got to be kidding??!? You know not what you talk about.

We've won so many games in the way we lost tonight. In a way, we were due. But 3 out of 4 ain't nothing to sniff at.

We lost this year primarily because of lost of coaching and injuries, NOT because of declining talent. '85 and '96 are different stories, but we still have a SOLID core of talent, and we will be a solid contender in 2006.

You suk Warren94. Yr not a real Pats fan.

desi-patsfan said:
Running back. We NEED a running back. I'm sorry but corey looks done. Faulk is great as a 3rd down and what not. But we need a new RB.

Couldn't agree more. We can't hope CD comes back strong in 06. He has had a great career but when RB lose it they lose it quick. Who knows if he even makes the squad next year. We may what to parlay that money and prehaps sign a younger FA RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News