PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 weapons we have on O that were not counted on in 07

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 2009 is his last year. That's why I think they will draft a TE maybe 3rd/4th round this year. They try to stay one step ahead...always! :D

I respectfully disagree.

After his rookie year (before he softened hos hand of stone), BW has not really had the opportunity to shine in the receving TE role that he was drafted for. Graham left, Thomas has been nothing but hurt, K. Brady was...old, and Sammy Morris only played 1/5 of the season.

Given a healthy Thomas, Morris, and a younger blocking TE, I think BW will have a career year.

I don't really think we are disagreeing, sounds like you are thinking a other TE in the mix too, no? My comment is more to plan for Watson's leaving in case it happens, not saying he won't have 2 good years ahead of him.

Thomas will NEVER, EVER be the blocking TE Brady or Graham was. Fauria-type TE, yes; blocking TE, no. I hope the Pats make a play for Jason Dunn.
Or, given his terrible string of luck of late and his terrible 40 time at the combine, John Carlson from Weis' program could conceivably nose dive on draft day into the late second day rounds or even go undrafted if he doesn't drasticly better his time in his pro day.

But if the Pats can hold out a year with a JAG blocking TE via FA or Spach for that matter, I'd love to see Bear Pascoe in a Pats uniform.

i am not ready to throw Benny W under the bus just yet.

he caught 6 td passes last year.

ok, everyone was catching touchdown passes last year.

but he averaged 32 yards. you really think he's washed up as a receiving tight end?

you really think the answer is to just bring one tight end for catching and one tight end for blocking every down?

Ben Watson gave me the best play of my life. And if you ask me, I think we have a few Champ Baileys on this board running out of breath, waiting for Benny Watson to bring the lumber on the lot of you.

i still dont understand why everyone is so sold on sammy morris. could someone enlighten me? get a sammy appreciation thread or something?

I do agree, that we need a better blocking TE, that jason dunn could be.. But David Thomas is a guy that is going to be a guy if healthy will be a great asset.

If healthy, the '08 Pats will have the best set of skill players ever in the BB era, perhaps ever in their history.

The OL is still what holds them back - against good run defenses and against good pash rush teams.

sammy morris is awsome, i think if we had him we would be19-0 right now. I just think he adds that extra punch we needed in situations like the superbowl. Hope he's back huge next season.

Or, given his terrible string of luck of late and his terrible 40 time at the combine, John Carlson from Weis' program could conceivably nose dive on draft day into the late second day rounds or even go undrafted if he doesn't drasticly better his time in his pro day.

But if the Pats can hold out a year with a JAG blocking TE via FA or Spach for that matter, I'd love to see Bear Pascoe in a Pats uniform.

<curious>Why?</curious>

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference