Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xmarkd400x

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I would like to preface this with saying that the Cowboys are a good team, and they will be prepared and will play a good game against the Patriots this week. That being said, I still thing the Patriots will win. Here's 10 reasons why:

1. Randy Moss. As it has been said on this board, Moss has a monster game every time he plays the Cowboys.

2. MNF. I don't know if there are any actual statistics to back this up or not, but it seems like a shorter week to recoup and game plan puts the Cowboys at a disadvantage. I have read from this board that Brady himself has said this about SNF, not to mention MNF. Besides, who wants to give Belichick a 1 day handicap?

3. The Cowboys' most recent win was emotional, gutsy, ugly win. Psychologically speaking, this will affect the Cowboys. After the win the Cowboys pulled out against the Bills, you know they will be reflecting on last week a little more than normal. This will have an effect.

4. The Patriots do not (usually) lose two games in a row. I know there is a W on the ledger, but I would be willing to bet the Browns game counted as a loss in the NE locker room. Everyone on Earth could tell they had a down game. They were 3/12 or 2/13 or something horrid on first down. Brady missed tons of throws. Last week counts as a loss. When was the last time the Pats lost two in a row?

5. The Pats bring it in big games. This is as big a game this young season has seen. A matchup of unbeatens. We find out who is for real. Under Belichick, the Pats have always brought their "A" game in big games. Sometimes it is not enough (Pats v Colts last year) but the Pats did play their best game of the season.

6. Tony Romo. He is a good, young QB with lots of upside. He will come prepared for this game. However, a young QB getting their first taste of Belichick usually fares poorly. Romo will come prepared to play, do not doubt that. This will, after the fact, be a positive experience Romo can learn from. Expect him to throw interceptions.

7. Emotions. This Cowboys team will come out roaring, and the Patriots will match their intensity. Where the Cowboys will fall short is with veterans who have "been there." Brady, Harrison, and Bruschi (among others) will keep this team from playing with too much emotion.

8. The Patriots are the better team. The Pats have better players, better coaches, and better "reconissance." This is not to say the Cowboys aren't a quality team, because they are. I'll say it. The Cowboys are a quality team. However, I cannot think of one unit as a whole where I would rather have the Cowboys unit. Linebackers, Defensive Backfield, QB, RBs, WRs, and the list goes on. Ok, the Cowboys have the edge in punting.

9. Tom Brady has a pretty bad game last week and still threw 3 touchdowns. Tom Brady does not have back to back bad games. Although, he still hasn't had his 4 INT game. Romo's was last week.

10. I'm a homer, and I know they will win. Therefore it must be true.

I agree with everything you said, but as much as I like Maroney and Morris, Marion Barber and Julius Jones would be a tempting straight-up trade, maybe, not to say I'd definitely make the trade.

Our Defense and ST will be sick on Sunday!

Does our punting really suck?
Only 2 returnable punts for 10 total yards in 5 games.
Maybe thats what we want> to take away the KO and Punt returns.

Otherwise in total agreement.

My 10 reasons:

1) We have Tom Brady.
2) Our OL is playing far and away the best in the NFL.
3) The Cowboys have played average football for at least a half in almost every game, and for an entire game last night.
4) QBs who try to make plays out of nothing struggle against BB defenses.
5) The Cowboy defense relies on pressure. No one has stopped our running game effectively, and no one has gotten close to Brady because of our OL. Without pressure, they will not be able to stop the passing game, with a questionable secondary.
6) Where do they hide Roy Williams on passing downs.
7) The Cowboys haven't won a game against a team of this caliber in a very long time.
8) The Cowboys play in the NFC. You need to be the best in that conference to beat competitve teams in the AFC.
9) Wade Phillips vs Bill Belichick.
10) Somehow, the Patriots were able to build a 20-0 halftime lead, win by 17 points, yet feel like they need to improve. They will take every game one at a time, but this team is building a feeling that they strive to be perfect. I think they will have a strong week of practice, and play, perhaps their best game of the season to date.

OK, I'll add an 11th: Rodney Harrison will be back on the field more; Donte Stallworth is clearly worked into the system and ready to contribute, Maroney will probably play and be well-rested.

I like the Cowboys, and I like Romo any other week. However, I think the Pats win. I will watch the Boys whenever they are on and the Pats aren't.

The real reason I think the pats will win is that the Cowboy offense is often organized chaos. The typical scramble around, gun slinger type football that is so prevelant in the league today. Usually Romo makes it work and keeps other teams on their toes.

Belichick is going to make Romo be very precise in what he does in order to score points, and Romo is at his best in sand yard football, like Brett Favre.

Romo reminds me of Jake Delhomme. When Jake gets into a streak, he can make a lot of plays. So he is dangerous. But the Pats are usually pretty good at shutting down offenses that rely heavily on 'making plays' as opposed to a highly efficient 'pocket passer' attack from beginning to end.

I think the Cowboy's strength on offense (other than a good run game) is the fact that they 'make plays' in the gun slinger style, and I think that Belichick just knows how to take that stuff away.

This match-up against Romo reminds me a little of when we face McNabb, McNair, Favre, Delhomme, Culpepper (healthy), Rothlessdizzle and the other guys that make plays with their free form style of football. Belichick really likes to take that stuff away.

If Romo can sit in the pocket and pick us apart, then this will be a tough game. If he wants to play 'his way', we are going to be ready for it.

Does our punting really suck?
Only 2 returnable punts for 10 total yards in 5 games.
Maybe thats what we want> to take away the KO and Punt returns.

Otherwise in total agreement.

Yeah, our punting sucks. There's only 2 returnable punts because Hanson shanks it out of bounds for 25 measly yards every time.

I only need 1 reason. The Patriots are clearly the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News