PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1 game scouting report OLB Jonathon Goff Vanderbilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I did not get a chance to talk to him, but I think he is a bit taller than me (I'm 6'1"). He looks thick in the right places, maybe 230 lbs. or more. Decent speed and above average instincts. Real good when moving forward and laterally. Struggles in space and backing up. Played assignment smart football all game against Georgia.
It looks like he prefers hitting and tackling near the line. looks tentative in space. I saw him miss an open field tackle cause he stiffened up and didn't break down or keep his feet moving.
Vandy listed him as only a junior, I thought he was a senior, seems like he's been around a while.
I think he should stay in school and work on tackling and coverage next year. I love his passion and I think he has Patriot size and smarts. If he comes out and we do take him, we may need to think of moving him inside, into the old Ted Johnson role.

Ochmed Jones said:
I did not get a chance to talk to him, but I think he is a bit taller than me (I'm 6'1"). He looks thick in the right places, maybe 230 lbs. or more. Decent speed and above average instincts. Real good when moving forward and laterally. Struggles in space and backing up. Played assignment smart football all game against Georgia.
It looks like he prefers hitting and tackling near the line. looks tentative in space. I saw him miss an open field tackle cause he stiffened up and didn't break down or keep his feet moving.
Vandy listed him as only a junior, I thought he was a senior, seems like he's been around a while.
I think he should stay in school and work on tackling and coverage next year. I love his passion and I think he has Patriot size and smarts. If he comes out and we do take him, we may need to think of moving him inside, into the old Ted Johnson role.

I think I saw him listed at about 240, the site I saw said he was a Junior. A player I saw last week and thought he was athetic enough to be a OLB in a 3-4 was Quentin Groves from Auburn. Very fast, quick first step, listed at 6'3 250, he is a junior also. If he comes out he could be a first rounder.

Another random player I have liked is Reggie Nelson, FS\CB Florida. Also a junior but he is playmaker and may be athetic enought ot play Safety or Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore