Originally Posted by Kid~Brady
So me and one of my fellow co-workers (who happens to be a Jets fan) got into a huge debate during my lunch hour. He thinks Sanchez is much better than Brian Hoyer could ever be. I know all Jets fans are so into Sanchez and sees him as the franchise QB but c'mon. I dont hate Sanchez by all means, I think he's a decent QB at best. Accuracy and consistency is his biggest flaws in my eyes.
We both argued the facts. I know we don't have much to go off of since Hoyer doesn't start but from what I've seen, I think Hoyer could be light years ahead of Mark Sanchez honestly. He always looks poised in the pocket and really has a good accuracy. I feel if Hoyer was a starter for another team, he'd have better stats than Sanchez any season.
Some input on this... insights?
I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, but what specifically is the "unbiased question"?
- Is it, as you mentioned above, 'is Sanchez (right now) much better than Hoyer will ever be' - i.e., would the Jets be better of with Hoyer or Sanchez at QB in 2011?
- Is it 'is Sanchez in the future will be better than Hoyer will be in the future'?
- Is it 'if I'm the GM of a playoff contender, which one do I want for my QB in 2011'?
- Is it 'if I'm the GM of a non-playoff contender, which one do I want as I look long term'?
- Is it 'which one is a better value for a team to have'?
It seems to me that the question is so wide open to interpretation that everyone could have their own answer, with everyone being right and nobody being wrong - and that's before you even get into the previously noted commentary that it is impossible to determine due to the fact Hoyer has had no experience as a starter in the NFL.