ARE YOU NEW HERE? NOT LOGGED IN? PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT AND LOGIN TO REMOVE THIS WINDOW
Welcome to PatsFans.com. Do you have an account? If not - please take a moment to register for our forum and experience a much smoother experience with fewer ads, along with no longer having to see this notification window. Also learn about how you can receive a free Patriots T-Shirt from the Patriots Official ProShop by CLICKING HERE. Please enjoy your stay here, and Go Pats!
Hey guys, long time Pats fan, just moved to NYC. To my surprise, they like to show the Giants and Jets games on TV but not the Pats even though they are clearly the superior team!
Help me out, where can I find a bar that shows the Pats game every week? Can be anywhere in the city, I don't care, as long as they have good TV's, beer, and wings. The cheaper the better!!
DONATE TO PATSFANS.COM
RECEIVE A FREE PATS T-SHIRT AND SAVE 15% OFF WHEN YOU BUY FROM THE OFFICIAL PROSHOP!
Free T-Shirt & Save 15% Off!
Like Our Site? Please help support our site and server costs by DONATING TO PATSFANS.COM and receive a FREE PATRIOTS T-SHIRT and SAVE 15% off EVERY purchase you make from PatriotsProShop.com. You'll also receive added benefits to your account including Removing All Ads During Your Experience Here At Our Forum.
NEEDED YEARLY SITE DONATIONS: 345 | CURRENT # OF SUBSCRIBED SUPPORTERS: 98
Hey Patriot fan... I found a great website called "Red Sox Connection" It lists 8 Red Sox bars in NYC... I figured these bars would also be a good place to catch a Pats game on Sunday... Check it out...
Where to Watch the Red Sox on the Road
The bars, restaurants, and fan clubs of Red Sox Nation...
New York City
The Riviera Cafe & Sports Bar
225 West 4th Street @ 7th Avenue
A sports bar in Greenwich Village which has gained a reputation as a haven for Red Sox fans.
337 3rd Ave. (@ 25th St)
An Irish pub with Red Sox memorabilia displayed in the bar, the Hairy Monk shows all Red Sox games on their plasma screens and 8 foot projection screen. Best of all, the bar staff of Leanne, Pete & Ivan are not Yankees fans.
355 Amsterdam Ave. (@ 77th St)
They have good pub food, Harpoon on draft, a pool table and neighborhood Sox fans. The owner is from Boston, and Red Sox games are always on the flat screen behind the bar.
Harrison's is temporarily closed. They are moving to a new location at 143 Chambers Street but aren't reopening until October 1st.
Lion's Head Tavern
995 Amsterdam Ave. (@ 109th St)
Located in the Morningside Heights area near Columbia University. Some people are calling this place Riviera Cafe north, but with cheaper beer.
1701 Second Ave (@ 88th St.)
Located in the upper east side of Manhattan, this bar is owned by a Boston College grad and has Boston bartenders working the bar. All Red Sox games are shown, and there are bar specials for all of the games. In case you're wondering, there's no connection to the New Orleans bar of the same name.
359 Bowery (@ 4th St.)
It's not the biggest Sox hangout in New York, but the place is clean, the food is very good and there is lots of room to watch the game and get food. More Sox fans hang out at this East Village bar than Yankees fans, and the atmosphere is classier than any of the other Red Sox hangouts.
219 2nd Avenue (between 13th & 14th Street)
Jim McGuire, the bartender who started the Red Sox following at the Riviera Cafe, has opened his own bar in the East Village, which has become famous for "Play-by-Play Tuesdays." Pairs of Red Sox fans can sign up to do their own commentary, which is broadcast throughout the bar every Tuesday night that Boston has a road game.
43 East 7th St. (between 2nd & Cooper Square)
This neighborhood pub opened in the summer of 2005 to the delight of local Red Sox fans. They have bartenders from Boston that are VERY passionate about the Sox and proudly show all available Red Sox games (with sound) that appear on NESN or the MLB Package. As an added bonus, Standings has free pizza every Friday night at 8 PM during the baseball season.
New York, N.Y.
1. Matt B writes: "The Hairy Monk at 24th Street and 3rd Avenue."
2. Jack, Sean, Bill & Dan write: "Best place to watch the Pats (and Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, BC Eagles) in Manhattan is Pat O'Briens, Upper East Side 1701 2nd Avenue @ E 88th St. … We are all from the Boston area, and they only play Pats games, so you don't have to deal with N.Y. fans rooting against you, even if we aren't playing N.Y. The bartenders, Joanna and Ray, are both from Boston and always remember a repeat customer. One problem is that 'POB' does not serve food, but they do allow you to have food delivered. If you want a bar to watch just the Pats and be around like-minded fans, you can't beat it."
3.RAIRM98 writes: "Professor Thom's is a great Boston sports bar to watch the Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics."
4. Papi S writes: "Lion's Head Tavern; 995 Amsterdam Ave (at 109th Street). You have to deal with annoying Jets fans screaming, but there is always a small crew of Patriots fans that have a little corner. The bacon cheeseburger is good too."
5. Benh999 writes: "In NYC, The Dead Poet (Amsterdam, in the 80s) used to regularly have several Pats fans. There used to be another bar in the area run by someone from Mass., (I think Chelmsford) that was a great place, but it's been gone for several years."
6. ilastoff writes: "The Riviera in NYC is a great place to take in a Boston sporting event. It's down in the West Village."
1. Stephen writes: "Good game bars in Brooklyn include 200 Fifth at 200 Fifth Ave, Brooklyn (Park Slope). Has all the games and very good bar food. Also, Dram Shoppe has many of the games, and excellent hand cut French fries (I recommend the chipotle mayo dipping sauce). Neither are necessarily 'Patriot bars,' but there are always lots of Pats fans there, and there are lots of Boston sports fans in NYC, to the chagrin of NYC sports fans."
I strongly recommend the Hairy Monk in NYC! It's a great spot for any displaced Boston sports fan. Although if you're like me and you want to make it out to Gillette for a game or two during the year I found a great carpooling service. If you're looking for a ride out to Gillette this weekend check this out! Go to us.amovens.com and type in Gillette Stadium!