PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good NYC Patriots Bars?

ivyconniver

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time Pats fan, just moved to NYC. To my surprise, they like to show the Giants and Jets games on TV but not the Pats even though they are clearly the superior team!

Help me out, where can I find a bar that shows the Pats game every week? Can be anywhere in the city, I don't care, as long as they have good TV's, beer, and wings. The cheaper the better!! :)

Hey Patriot fan... I found a great website called "Red Sox Connection" It lists 8 Red Sox bars in NYC... I figured these bars would also be a good place to catch a Pats game on Sunday... Check it out...

Where to Watch the Red Sox on the Road

The bars, restaurants, and fan clubs of Red Sox Nation...

New York City

The Riviera Cafe & Sports Bar
225 West 4th Street @ 7th Avenue
212-929-3250
A sports bar in Greenwich Village which has gained a reputation as a haven for Red Sox fans.

Hairy Monk
337 3rd Ave. (@ 25th St)
212-532-2929
An Irish pub with Red Sox memorabilia displayed in the bar, the Hairy Monk shows all Red Sox games on their plasma screens and 8 foot projection screen. Best of all, the bar staff of Leanne, Pete & Ivan are not Yankees fans.

Harrison's Tavern
355 Amsterdam Ave. (@ 77th St)
212-724-3600
They have good pub food, Harpoon on draft, a pool table and neighborhood Sox fans. The owner is from Boston, and Red Sox games are always on the flat screen behind the bar.
Harrison's is temporarily closed. They are moving to a new location at 143 Chambers Street but aren't reopening until October 1st.

Lion's Head Tavern
995 Amsterdam Ave. (@ 109th St)
212-866-1030
Located in the Morningside Heights area near Columbia University. Some people are calling this place Riviera Cafe north, but with cheaper beer.

Pat O'Brien's
1701 Second Ave (@ 88th St.)
212-410-2013
Located in the upper east side of Manhattan, this bar is owned by a Boston College grad and has Boston bartenders working the bar. All Red Sox games are shown, and there are bar specials for all of the games. In case you're wondering, there's no connection to the New Orleans bar of the same name.

Phebe's
359 Bowery (@ 4th St.)
212-358-1902
It's not the biggest Sox hangout in New York, but the place is clean, the food is very good and there is lots of room to watch the game and get food. More Sox fans hang out at this East Village bar than Yankees fans, and the atmosphere is classier than any of the other Red Sox hangouts.

Professor Thom's
219 2nd Avenue (between 13th & 14th Street)
212-260-9480
Jim McGuire, the bartender who started the Red Sox following at the Riviera Cafe, has opened his own bar in the East Village, which has become famous for "Play-by-Play Tuesdays." Pairs of Red Sox fans can sign up to do their own commentary, which is broadcast throughout the bar every Tuesday night that Boston has a road game.

Standings
43 East 7th St. (between 2nd & Cooper Square)
212-420-0671
This neighborhood pub opened in the summer of 2005 to the delight of local Red Sox fans. They have bartenders from Boston that are VERY passionate about the Sox and proudly show all available Red Sox games (with sound) that appear on NESN or the MLB Package. As an added bonus, Standings has free pizza every Friday night at 8 PM during the baseball season.

cuddleablebull [at] gmail

Mostly a repeat of jamyzcc's list; this is from an espnBoston column this past summer:

Best places to watch the Patriots - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
Best places to watch the New England Patriots - ESPN Boston
New York, N.Y.
1. Matt B writes: "The Hairy Monk at 24th Street and 3rd Avenue."

2. Jack, Sean, Bill & Dan write: "Best place to watch the Pats (and Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, BC Eagles) in Manhattan is Pat O'Briens, Upper East Side 1701 2nd Avenue @ E 88th St. … We are all from the Boston area, and they only play Pats games, so you don't have to deal with N.Y. fans rooting against you, even if we aren't playing N.Y. The bartenders, Joanna and Ray, are both from Boston and always remember a repeat customer. One problem is that 'POB' does not serve food, but they do allow you to have food delivered. If you want a bar to watch just the Pats and be around like-minded fans, you can't beat it."

3.RAIRM98 writes: "Professor Thom's is a great Boston sports bar to watch the Patriots, Red Sox and Celtics."

4. Papi S writes: "Lion's Head Tavern; 995 Amsterdam Ave (at 109th Street). You have to deal with annoying Jets fans screaming, but there is always a small crew of Patriots fans that have a little corner. The bacon cheeseburger is good too."

5. Benh999 writes: "In NYC, The Dead Poet (Amsterdam, in the 80s) used to regularly have several Pats fans. There used to be another bar in the area run by someone from Mass., (I think Chelmsford) that was a great place, but it's been gone for several years."

6. ilastoff writes: "The Riviera in NYC is a great place to take in a Boston sporting event. It's down in the West Village."

Brooklyn, N.Y.
1. Stephen writes: "Good game bars in Brooklyn include 200 Fifth at 200 Fifth Ave, Brooklyn (Park Slope). Has all the games and very good bar food. Also, Dram Shoppe has many of the games, and excellent hand cut French fries (I recommend the chipotle mayo dipping sauce). Neither are necessarily 'Patriot bars,' but there are always lots of Pats fans there, and there are lots of Boston sports fans in NYC, to the chagrin of NYC sports fans."

:welcome:

Last edited:
I live in Boston, but I've been to the Hairy Monk and couple times to catch Pats games during weekend trips to NYC. HIGHLY recommended!

Prof Thom's is the best Boston sports fan bar in NYC.

I strongly recommend the Hairy Monk in NYC! It's a great spot for any displaced Boston sports fan. Although if you're like me and you want to make it out to Gillette for a game or two during the year I found a great carpooling service. If you're looking for a ride out to Gillette this weekend check this out! Go to us.amovens.com and type in Gillette Stadium!

Hey guys, long time Pats fan, just moved to NYC. To my surprise, they like to show the Giants and Jets games on TV but not the Pats even though they are clearly the superior team!

Help me out, where can I find a bar that shows the Pats game every week? Can be anywhere in the city, I don't care, as long as they have good TV's, beer, and wings. The cheaper the better!! :)

Professor Thom's and the Riviera Cafe are the best ones.

Professor Thom's and the Riviera Cafe are the best ones.

Ooops, I already posted on this.....

I like how we have such nice group of people and fans all over the US and not just in Boston/ New England area!

I was at Prof Thom's on Monday night for Pats-KC.

Excellent. Good fans, good atmosphere, fun watching the Bs-Canadiens during breaks. Highly recommend, again.

There's an awesome website to locate where to watch the Patriots in New York or any city for that matter. It's appropriately called WhereToWatch.com. Go to the home page, then just select the Pats and type in your zip code.

In NY, they have a ton of bars listed as Patriots bars, most of those discussed in the ESPN article by jmt57. You can get the address sent to your phone and everything.

A good Patriots bar in NY is a MUST for this weekend since every other bar in New York will be crawling with Giants fans.

Hey guys does anyone know where the Patriots stay when they play the Jets. I am going to the thanksgiving game this year and looking to stay with them. can anyone help me out!? Thanks! Go Pats!

Best Patriots Sports Bars in the Nation

Hey, WhereToWatch.com is doing an article on the best Patriots bars outside of Boston. And they're holding a vote to see which everyone thinks is the best. If you've been to one, vote for it in the poll on their facebook page: facebook.com/wheretowatch

I've heard Professor Thom's is cool, but never been there. I'm going to suggest a bar in FL that I've been to.

Hey guys does anyone know where the Patriots stay when they play the Jets. I am going to the thanksgiving game this year and looking to stay with them. can anyone help me out!? Thanks! Go Pats!

Don't know ... it's one of those things that is not made public for obvious reasons.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back