PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs. Rams in London - 10/28/12

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
For those interested in discussion about travel, the game, events, tourist attractions, etc. please join Patriots Tailgate Yahoo Group and vote on the poll to be included in the email distribution list.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/PatsTG/surveys?id=3083596

Some of you that were there in 2009 or live there can provide helpful advice to the rest of us who will surely have many questions.

Maybe we can even plan some unofficial gatherings (nothing that would interfere with what the UK Patriots will be planning) or even see some of the sights together proudly wearing our Patriots gear. There’s also the possibility of getting group rates for hotels or tours.

Of course we’ll watch the airfare market using tools such as farecast to determine the best time to purchase flights.

That would be nice to go to London. But only those that are on the team or are very wealthy can go there.

We should be able to make this a mostly home game. There will be plenty of fans of teams that will cheer against the Pats - but i think that as the most popular NFL team in the UK there will be a lot of noise for us on 3rd down...

St. Louis was totally bummed that the Patriots weren't going to be playing here.

I'm a hard-core Rams fan and I will definitely be at the London game.

Laurie

Went in 2009 and going again in 2012. As time gets closer, I am sure British Airways will have a combined airfare and hotel deal.

I'd consider going to this game. Never been to London... couldn't think of a better way!

I'm retiring the end of November so this does intrigue me!

Whoa, I could couple this with a Liverpool match!!!

BTW, for those of you who are considering coming over to London, please feel free to visit ukpatriots.com. I'm also more than happy to give advice re London. I'm also open to meeting up...

guys.

looking to pickup tickets for this.

If anyone has anything spare please pm me?

The official Patriots UK Fan Club - UK Patriots - will be based at the Great British Tailgate Party (GBTP) near Wembley on game day (28th October).

Details of the event can be found on the website: gbtp.co.uk (add www infront of it or click on the link in my signature ...)

Those travelling from the US will be made more than welcome and let's fill the place with Pats fans as we did at the same event for the London game in 2009...!....

GO PATS!

Well after buying tickets and having to sell them for stupid STUPID reasons and then finding out 2 weeks ago i can finally go, I was estatic... but after 2 weeks I still have no tickets!!

I'm going with 2 others, but they aren't pats fans, so aren't willing to pay way over the odds for tickets...And the only option looks like paying way over the odds for tickets.
I found 3 tickets (£50/t) on ebay and was willing to pay double each ticket so I bid £300 but I found out just the bid went to nearlly £400!
I'm dreading of sitting at home sad, whilst thousands of fans who dont even know the rules and couldn't name a single player sit there and cheer every touchdown.
My own fault I know but if anyone knows anybody selling 3/4 tickets it will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Game tickets in hand and I'll be landing @ Heathrow on Friday AM...was in Seattle last week and hated the walk of shame leaving the stadium and expecting better turnouts versus the JEST and LAMBS...I spent 4 years in England in the 80's and am visiting a group of fiends I use to play Rugby with...

We're expecting a lot of Pats fans at the London game and I wanted to make sure all those going know about all the great events that the UK Patriots Club has planned.

Friday 26th October
9.45am......Wembley Stadium Tour....Location:...Wembley Stadium
12-2pm......Party ticket pick-ups.......Location:...Sports Cafe
2pm..London Pub Tour...Location:...Starts from Rotherhithe station, then various hostelries

Saturday 27th October
10.00am...Flag Football tournament...Location:...Regents Park (Gloucester Green).
2-4pm...Party ticket pick-ups.....Location:...Sports Cafe
12-5pm...NFL Official Fan Rally..... Location:...Trafalgar Square..
6pm-10pm....Patriots Official Pre-Game Party... Location:...Sports Cafe.

Sunday 28th October
11am....NFL Official Tailgate....Location:.Wembley Stadium Green Carpark
12-4pm...UKPatriots Tailgate party @GBTP.....Location:...Green Man Pub
5pm....Patriots @ Rams... Location:...Wembley Stadium

More information can be found on the UK Patriots forums which you need to register for to read and post.
ukpatriots.com

A few quick notes about these events:

Wembley Stadium Tour has a limited attendance (50). There may be a few spots available but you should inquire on the forums to confirm.

The Saturday night party requires a ticket which I believe is now sold out.

Each of the tailgate parties are free to enter but you will of course pay for food and drink. Both locations are within walking distance of Wembley Stadium. Many of us are planning to check out the NFL Official Tailgate at 11am and then spend most of the afternoon at the Green Man Tailgate party until it's time to enter the stadium.

For more information and discussion, join the Patriots Tailgate Group and event.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PatsTG/
https://www.facebook.com/events/452636698091019/

Look forward to seeing you across the pond soon.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back