Originally Posted by captain insano
the way i look at it they gave up two great bats in beltre and vmart and got two back. don't get me wrong i love the moves. they got younger and beltre wasn't worth the big coin. im just talking about the line up and the offensive production for this year. to me its two steps back and two forward. i would feel much better if vmart was still around. but this team is about the same as last years except they are healthy. beckett blows and is anything but a ace and lacky was a major disappointment. then you have dicek[
] hopefully things work out but im not counting on any world series.
1. Sox gained +2 WAR (Gonzo/CC - Beltre/Martinez)
2. This lineup is stacked, arguably the best in baseball, saying otherwise is just stupid.
3. Sox essentially signed Youk/Pedroia this offseason, both missed most of last season.
4. Bullpen was a weakness, Theo fixed it and then some. Jenks/Aceves/Miller/Wheeler etc... Very solid.
5. Beckett blows
He was injured last season, looks healthy now.
6. Lackey was Lackey, he wasnt too far off from his usual stats, a bit worse. Pitched much better in the 2nd half of the season. He's lost 15 pounds and looks good.
7. Dice-K is the best 5th starter in the league, another facepalm.
8. Boston and Philly are the best teams on paper, you have to be trolling because I refuse to believe someone is this ignorant. This team had AAA scrubs up and down the lineup last season and WON 89 GAMES!!!!!!
Imagine what they will do with a healthy team and an improved lineup/bullpen.
This is why I didn't want to adress your post, you didn't come close to making a solid point.