04-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Join Date: Sep 2004
Scilling looking Good...others Also.
It's early in the year...and we know the injury bug is just around the corner but so far so good.
- Schilling looks very healthy and in command...health could bring him 18-20 wins.
- Coco Crisp looks good...little difference between him and Damon except Crisp is a more active baserunner (Youth).
- Lowell looks like he'll be decent at least...which is good.
- Youkalis has the quickest bat on the team...by far...he can look the ball almost to the plate.
- Ramirez does look extremely fit...he's running the outfield very well and his stroke is just about there.
- Ortiz...he looks good for this time of year...it takes him a little while but he's okay so far.
- Folky... hoping he gets it together so we can trade his butt for a prospect.
- Nixon..looks very fit...his butt is a bit smaller which is good for him. Amazing that he is still playing..bet he has duct tape all over the place under that uniform.
- Wakefield...hmmm...he always starts off slow and I hope he gets it together because he is to the Sox what Vinatieri was to the Patriots.
- Loretta / Rodriguez and others...they look okay...I still think Loretta will hit 330 on this team...that would be huge.
That's it for now...just a little Kool-Aid because it's early. But, for sure the atmosphere on this team is different and better. Perhaps Theo realized that Millar and Damon were as bad for Ramirez as they were good because they distracted him too much. Manny looks focused, on that I am sure. His wife, different team, his age??? Who cares...he's still the best hitter in baseball.
BTW: Talking to the parents at my sons school (K) and found out a bit about Manny. One of the mom's best friends works at Fenway. It seems Manny's supposed 3 year fling was with a woman who worked at Fenway.
That makes alot of sense on Many fronts...Manny being told by his wife to leave town, Manny telling reporters he had to get out of there (Fenway)...ahhh the old Fatal Attraction movie lives on.
Anyways...the woman was supposedly found another better paying job and everyone is happy...just gossip...I can't verify it but it sounds very plausible...I mean if that woman was still at Fenway...would Manny still be here??? The woman is making more bling and who knows...perhaps Manny has learned to be smarter from now on. If I was his friend, I would tell him he is nuts...2 young kids at home...he needs to smarten up...but that's just me.