Originally Posted by manxman2601
Can I ask what the source for this is please? If it's your own work, then bravo! (but could you go into a little bit more detail).
Sorry, haven't been on the board for a bit. I'd like to say I charted every game of every player for these calculations (although I have watched a heck of a lot of games while zeroing in on WRs) but I got that here:
Here's another table that may interest you:
As I said, I've watched a ton of games played by the top 20-25 WRs in this draft keeping notes along the way. I don't have time to get into profiling them right now since I want to catch up on posts I've missed while I was away.
I have finished my WR rankings & here are my top 10 WR rankings from a purely Pats perspective. I will profile them individually 1 or 2 a day leading up to draft day.
1. Cordarelle Patterson (??s galore but the most jaw-dropping talent in yrs)
2. Keenan Allen (Wow playmaker & technically very good)
3. Markus Wheaton (Best vs press b/c of strength & technically superior to everyone else here. Best deep ball WR here. Gets separation w/ ball in the air w/out pushing off. Strong, tough, physical. I hope we get this guy)
4. Tavon Austin (there is substance behind the hype)
5. DeAndre Hopkins (Best at going up for the ball, technically v. good but least explosive of the top 5)
6. Ryan Swope (here's the first surprise for some of you - Quick enough for slot; fast & physical enough for outside. Tough as nails)
7. Stedman Bailey (here's the second suprise - not 'best' in any area but a tough physical guy who makes catches anywhere you put him. He isn't just for slot)
8. Robert Woods (average athleticism but very smart and great vision)
9. Da'Rick Rogers (passed all 10 drug tests at Tenn. Tech. if not for suspension, he's top 5)
10. Quenton Patton (physical & quick but inconsistent catching in traffic & YAC is below average)
BTW, does anyone besides me think slot receiver sounds sexy as hell?
These are the WRs the Pats have had contact with so far (from what we know).
Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson (PW, C)
Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia (PW)
Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State (PW)
Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia (PW)
Courtney Gardner, WR, Sierra (PW)
Keenan Davis, WR, Iowa (PW)
Charles Johnson, WR, Grand Valley State (PW)
Reshad Ross, WR, Arizona State (PW)
Anthony Amos, Middle Tennessee State (PW)
Tyrone Goard, WR, Eastern Kentucky (PW)
Robert Woods, WR, USC (C)
Quinton Patton, WR, La Tech (C)
Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (C)
edit: Keenan Allen has been injured and couldn't work out at the Combine or Cal's Pro Day. He will work out a wk from today in his home town in NC. I'm very interested to see how he does & hope to hell he does well. One interesting note on Allen I found while researching him: he originally committed to Alabama but soon learned Saban wanted him to switch from WR to FS. He quickly de-committed and committed to Cal. His QB was his half brother who also got a scholarship to Cal. He was awful so take that into consideration when judging Allen.
I noticed early in this thread some are interested in comparisons. I'll put mine up later this am as I have no time now.