10-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Join Date: Sep 2004
Roster Moves In The Next 10 Days?
We had 27 defensive players (17 front 7 and 10 db's) and 23 players on offense.
Carpenter was cut. IMHO, he had already been replaced by Tarpinian.
Williams has recently taken Dowlng's defensive roster spot.
Obviously much depends on health and whether Belichick thinks anyone out there can be of any help.
We have an open roster spot on the 53 and lots of room on the Practice Squad.
1) add Pryor (this is a no brainer if he is healthy or will be healthy soon)
2) add Schiancoe, at least until Hernandez is healthy (Personally, I don't see this happening. Fells is signed for next year and is doing fine. The Hooman is a solid blocking TE and our fullback.)
3) add Ballard (I would think that he is destined for IR)
4) add Forsten (I would only do this if we were cutting Brace or putting him on IR)
4) add a player or two from another team, especially on a 2 or 3 contract (this is very like Belichick)
I don't see much happening. However, we should make decisions about Pryor, Shiancoe, and Ballard in the next couple of weeks.
Oh yeah, it is also a good time to extend players. Woodhead and Thomas comes to mind.
Last edited by mgteich; 10-30-2012 at 08:37 PM..