01-14-2011, 10:51 AM
In the Starting Line-up
Join Date: Oct 2006
My dream scenario, and a few random thoughts
1) If I had the power to write the script for the game, here's how it would end:
Pats up three touchdowns late. BB pulls Brady (kicking and screaming, naturally), whispers a few words in Hoyer's ear, and sends him in.
First snap, Hoyer sends Gronk in motion away from Cromartie.
Gronk runs all-out on a slant. Hoyer sees him the whole way and throws, but leads him waaaaaay too much by design. The ball ends up right in Cromartie's gut, and all 250+ of Gronk absolutely destroys him. Ball dislodged, Pats recover, Cromartie out cold.
As a bonus to the world, the hit shrivels all of Cro's baby-making parts.
2) Watching Nnamdi on First Take. Wow, we need to figure out a way to get this dude. If he'll take shorter money, he has "Patriot" written all over him.
3) I wonder if the Jets know that the only people they're putting pressure on is the Jets.
4) All of this talk about Sanchez being good late bugs me, and here's why: Down late, you know you have four downs, and you know you have to take risks. For example, in the Houston game, he got credit for making that late throw. Guess what? He has to throw that ball. There's no pressure. And it should have been knocked away.
Same for the Colts game. He has to throw that ball, and the throw still sucked. Offensive PI and mad ups and feet made that play. Eh, whatevah. He still blows.
5) I propose that, should the Pats win this one, the moment the clock hits 0:00, we all hoist our beverage of choice in a toast. For the record, I'll have a Sam Adams.