Originally Posted by mgteich
1) I would rather that we signed a veteran in Cassel's place.
2) I would rather that we kept Gutierrez in Cassells place.
3) I would like us to sign or trade for a veteran QB to start after the bye (Garcia anyone?).
4) I would like us to sign a backup veteran as insurance if we can't get a starter.
5) I think we can win with Cassel (Garcia would be better I think)
For now, we have Cassel is our QB. We will be playing two more aweful teams in the next two weeks and then a bye, but division game are always tough. Cassel couldn't ask for a better situation. The team couldn't ask for better either: a soft schedule and an early bye.
With Cassel I expect 10-6, enough to win the division. With Garcia, I would expect 12-4 and home field advantage.
Sorry, have to disagree at this point in time. I also have doubts but
am really hoping Matt can do well and is doing well by week 6 or so.
Unless Cassel completely falls apart he IS the best solution.
Even if he stinks up the joint what do you do?
Any new QB would have to learn a very evolved offense. Then that QB
would have work with the WRs to get their timing down. Sure you
could modify things but the bottom line any new QB would effect a lot of
parts from the OC' job down to the Oline, WRs, RBs and TE.
That is a huge task.
Cassel knows the system and knows it better that anyone in the league.
I know he will make mistakes but I'm just hoping he will learn fast and by
week 5 or 6 he has obtained the confidence he will need.
Also as long as you are not changing the offense to fit a new QB, Tom
could be a valuable mentor to Matt.