09-08-2008, 10:14 AM
2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Join Date: Jan 2008
The Six Stages of Grief (Stage 6: Optimism!)
1. Denial : Brady is fine. He just needs an ice pack and he'll be back next week.
2. Anger: God why have you forsaken us?! Damnit why didn't I wear my lucky hat yesterday!!!
3. Bargaining: Quick, make a trade for Culpepper, he will save us!
4. Depression: We are doomed. Now we won't even beat the Dolphins!
5. Acceptance: We've still got a full roster out there fighting. Let's give them a chance. Let go of Brady.
And since nobody died, and we haven't lost the Super Bowl, this time we have an extra stage:
6. Optimism: Brady will be back, and in the meantime the team will get a chance to fill in some weaknesses that might not have been as apparent when he was here. Hell, they might even win the Super Bowl without him. But even if we don't....
We will only be stronger once he comes back!!!
The difference is that Brady calmly calls audibles while Manning flaps like a chicken, barks 11 code words, and makes sure every camera in the stadium has documented his once-in-a-generation (and patented, I believe) ability to see a defensive formation and change the play. Both have the same effect, but Manning transcends measurable human intellect while Brady merely chooses a different play.
Last edited by neuronet; 09-08-2008 at 10:23 AM..