By: Ian Logue
Twitter is buzzing this morning as the members of the Boston media are already at Gillette Stadium. Here are a few things that we’ve learned so far this morning:
- Jeff Howe of NESN reported via Twitter this morning that Patriots rookie linebacker Brandon Spikes was seen down on the field about 30-minutes ago working with LB coach Matt Patricia and another trainer and assistant strength and conditioning coach Harold Nash. He was listed as Probable for today’s game, but his status is still in question until the inactives list comes out in about 10-minutes.
- Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald reports that offensive lineman Quinn Ojinnaka was seen warming up in the end zone. He also noted that Dane Fletcher was seen down on the field running around, and wonders if that’s a bad sign for Spikes’ status for today’s game.
- Some great shots of the field taken today, with one by Shalise Manza Young, another by Rapoport, one by Mike Giardi, and one by Mike Reiss.
- Randy Moss’ one handed grab graces the cover of this week’s program, while Kevin Faulk coincidently was the photo selected for this week’s game against Buffalo.
- The Patriots will take a moment today to remember the fan who passed away two weeks ago less than an hour before kickoff against the Bengals. New England will honor 18-year season ticket holder Jeffrey Chartier with a moment of silence before today’s game.
We’ll have more in a few minutes.