PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog

PHOTOS: Eric Rowe Thanks Patriots Following Release

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
4 years ago at 3:20 pm ET
Posted Under: Patriots News

PHOTOS: Eric Rowe Thanks Patriots Following ReleaseDavid Butler II - USA TODAY Sports

Last week the Miami Dolphins inked free agent cornerback Eric Rowe to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million.

Rowe spent three seasons with the Patriots from 2016-2018, but missed most of his final season dealing with a groin injury that landed him on injured reserve.

In 21 games played as a Patriot, Rowe logged 50 tackles and one interception.

When speaking with the Miami media, Rowe referred to coaching familiarity as one of the main reasons he chose to sign with the Dolphins.

“It was just a combination of [Brian] Flores and [former Patriots cornerbacks coach] Josh Boyer,” Rowe told Dolphins reporter John Congemi. “I mean, those are two great coaches I’ve worked with in the past three years of my career. I know what to expect from them, they know what to expect from me when it comes to defensive schemes. I would think nothing would change too greatly, so that learning curve is already shorter.”

Over the weekend, Rowe posted a goodbye message to his Instagram thanking the Patriots for the opportunity.

“I can’t even explain how much I appreciate my time in NE. From teaching me how to be a pro to being a better teammate. I have to thank my db boyz for showing me the ropes.”

Posted Under: Patriots News
Tags: Eric Rowe

• Subscribe For Patriots Content Delivered by 6:30am Each Day

• Comments are closed.

• More News Headlines:

Patriots Reveal Customized Cleats For ‘My Cause, My Cleats’

Patriots Reveal Customized Cleats For ‘My Cause, My Cleats’

By: Robert Alvarez
    The Patriots show off their customized cleats for the NFL's annual "My Cause, My Cleats" campaign over Instagram.
    16 hours ago
    Patriots Fourth and Two Podcast: Bring On the Bills

Patriots Fourth and Two Podcast: Bring On the Bills

By: Russ Goldman
    In this episode, we look back at the loss to the Vikings on Thanksgiving, and later on, we preview the upcoming game against the Bills.
    23 hours ago
    REPORT: Patriots Agree To Contract Extension With LB Jahlani Tavai

REPORT: Patriots Agree To Contract Extension With LB Jahlani Tavai

By: Robert Alvarez
    Linebacker Jahlani Tavai agrees to a two-year contract extension with the Patriots.
    Robert Kraft Surprises Devin McCourty Ahead Of 200th Career Game Milestone

Robert Kraft Surprises Devin McCourty Ahead Of 200th Career Game Milestone

By: Robert Alvarez
    Devin McCourty will appear in his 200th career NFL game on Thursday night against the Buffalo Bills, Robert Kraft honors his milestone.
    ICYMI: Robert Kraft Lends Patriots Plane To University of Virginia Football Team

By: Robert Alvarez
    Robert Kraft lends the Patriots team plane to the University of Virginia so its players can attend the funerals of fallen teammates.

• Search For Links: - CLOSE