PatsFans.com
Mac JonesMac JonesTrey Lance

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog > Patriots News

PHOTOS: Eric Rowe Thanks Patriots Following Release

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
3 years ago at 3:20 pm ET
Posted Under: Patriots News

PHOTOS: Eric Rowe Thanks Patriots Following ReleaseDavid Butler II - USA TODAY Sports

Last week the Miami Dolphins inked free agent cornerback Eric Rowe to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million.

Rowe spent three seasons with the Patriots from 2016-2018, but missed most of his final season dealing with a groin injury that landed him on injured reserve.

In 21 games played as a Patriot, Rowe logged 50 tackles and one interception.

When speaking with the Miami media, Rowe referred to coaching familiarity as one of the main reasons he chose to sign with the Dolphins.

“It was just a combination of [Brian] Flores and [former Patriots cornerbacks coach] Josh Boyer,” Rowe told Dolphins reporter John Congemi. “I mean, those are two great coaches I’ve worked with in the past three years of my career. I know what to expect from them, they know what to expect from me when it comes to defensive schemes. I would think nothing would change too greatly, so that learning curve is already shorter.”

Over the weekend, Rowe posted a goodbye message to his Instagram thanking the Patriots for the opportunity.

“I can’t even explain how much I appreciate my time in NE. From teaching me how to be a pro to being a better teammate. I have to thank my db boyz for showing me the ropes.”

Posted Under: Patriots News
Tags: Eric Rowe

• Comments are closed.

• More News Headlines:

15 Observations from Victory over the Buffalo Bills

15 Observations from Victory over the Buffalo Bills

By: Mark Morse
    Monday night's Patriots / Bills match-up was everything we thought it would be due to the horrible wind conditions.
    Old School Patriots Run Over the Bills 14-10, Observations

Old School Patriots Run Over the Bills 14-10, Observations

the Patriots returned to the old style of power football, throwing just 3 times and running 46, and grinding out 222 yards on the ground.
    Terrific Coaching Job By Belichick Has Patriots at the Top of AFC

Terrific Coaching Job By Belichick Has Patriots at the Top of AFC

By: Bob George
    The Patriots are now by themselves as the top team in the AFC, as well as the AFC East, with a 9-4 record and a…
    VIDEO: NFL Fan Therapy – Ready To Be Number 1 In The AFC Again

VIDEO: NFL Fan Therapy – Ready To Be Number 1 In The AFC Again

By: Robert Alvarez
    Francis shares his thoughts on the Patriots upcoming "Monday Night Football" matchup with the rival Bills in latest "NFL Fan Therapy" episode.
    PHOTOS: Patriots Reveal Customized Cleats For NFL’s ‘My Cause, My Cleats’ Campaign

By: Robert Alvarez
    For the sixth consecutive season, the New England Patriots and the other 31 NFL teams will participate in the “My Cause My Cleats” campaign. The…
    Search For Links: - CLOSE