PatsFans.com
Mac JonesMac JonesTrey Lance

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog > Patriots News

PHOTOS: Eric Rowe Thanks Patriots Following Release

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
2 years ago at 3:20 pm ET
Posted Under: Patriots News

PHOTOS: Eric Rowe Thanks Patriots Following ReleaseDavid Butler II - USA TODAY Sports

Last week the Miami Dolphins inked free agent cornerback Eric Rowe to a one-year contract worth $3.5 million.

Rowe spent three seasons with the Patriots from 2016-2018, but missed most of his final season dealing with a groin injury that landed him on injured reserve.

In 21 games played as a Patriot, Rowe logged 50 tackles and one interception.

When speaking with the Miami media, Rowe referred to coaching familiarity as one of the main reasons he chose to sign with the Dolphins.

“It was just a combination of [Brian] Flores and [former Patriots cornerbacks coach] Josh Boyer,” Rowe told Dolphins reporter John Congemi. “I mean, those are two great coaches I’ve worked with in the past three years of my career. I know what to expect from them, they know what to expect from me when it comes to defensive schemes. I would think nothing would change too greatly, so that learning curve is already shorter.”

Over the weekend, Rowe posted a goodbye message to his Instagram thanking the Patriots for the opportunity.

“I can’t even explain how much I appreciate my time in NE. From teaching me how to be a pro to being a better teammate. I have to thank my db boyz for showing me the ropes.”

Posted Under: Patriots News
Tags: Eric Rowe

• Comments are closed.

• More News Headlines:

Best Of Social Media: Sights and Sounds From Day 2 Of Training Camp

Best Of Social Media: Sights and Sounds From Day 2 Of Training Camp

By: Robert Alvarez
    The best social media soundbites and photos from the second Patriots training camp practice session.
    Patriots Stidham Reportedly Sidelined By Shoulder Ailment

Patriots Stidham Reportedly Sidelined By Shoulder Ailment

By: Ian Logue
    When Patriots quarterback Jarrett Stidham's name popped up on the PUP list to start training camp, it certainly caught everyone's attention given the club's QB…
    Best Of Social Media: Sights and Sounds From Day 1 Of Training Camp

Best Of Social Media: Sights and Sounds From Day 1 Of Training Camp

By: Robert Alvarez
    Check out all the best social media sights and sounds from the first day of Patriots Training Camp.
    MORSE: What to Watch For at Patriots Training Camp

MORSE: What to Watch For at Patriots Training Camp

By: Mark Morse
    These are the primary items that I will be watching for at the Training camp.  Most of these are pretty obvious but some are in-depth…
    Patriots 2021 Training Camp Primer – Special Teams

Patriots 2021 Training Camp Primer – Special Teams

Bailey's net punting average was tops in the league with a 45.6-yard average, with 31 punts (56 percent) landing inside of the 20.
    Search For Links: - CLOSE