PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We can pick from these players

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From what I have seen (and yes I know it can change) these players should be around when we pick at 24 and 28. I would like to get Patrick Willis but don't think he will drop to us. Maybe someone else can drop to us we like.

Lawrence Timmons (LB, Florida St.)
Brandon Siler LB Florida
Paul Posluszny (LB, Penn St.) -
Quentin Moses (DE, Georgia) -
Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
LaMarr Woodley, DE Michigan
Anthony Spencer DE Purdue

Michael Griffin/S/6-0 205/Texas
Marcus McCauley (CB, Fresno St.) -
Darrelle Revis (CB, Pittsburgh) -
Fred Bennett (CB, South Carolina) -
Aaron Ross CB Texas
Daymeion Hughes CB California

Brandon Meriweather/S/CB/6-0 /Miami
Aaron Rouse (SS, Virginia Tech) -

Robert Meacham (WR, Tennessee) -
Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina

To me, it looks like a great draft to have two picks in the back end of the first round. With LB, CB and WR our biggest needs, it is nice to see that at least two of those positions seem to offer good first round depth this year (WR and CB). At #24 we might miss out on the best LB prospects for our system, but #28 wouldn't be much of a reach to take a project like Stewart Bradley, Anthony Spencer or Jarvis Moss, if one was so incline.

At least, that's how a moron sees it. It'll be interesting to see how the Pats see it.

Myself, I like WR and CB in the first if the right ones are available and look for LB projects thereafter.

my 2nd fav LB Timmons probably wont be there...he says he'll run a 4.4 and bench 225 --25 times. his talent is already top 20..if he does what he said..he could be first LB taken easily

Revis and Leonard for me.

Revis and Leonard for me.

Based on who's available, I'll take Spencer and Meacham. With five CBs on the board, I'd hope Hughes falls to our pick in the second, or within small trade-up range.

Merriweather's a thug, and I wouldn't spend a first day draft pick on him, let alone a first rounder.

From what I have seen (and yes I know it can change) these players should be around when we pick at 24 and 28. I would like to get Patrick Willis but don't think he will drop to us. Maybe someone else can drop to us we like.

Lawrence Timmons (LB, Florida St.)- I predict he'll be gone in the 1st 15 picks.
Brandon Siler LB Florida - Talented, but a huge project. BB/SP have not been known for reaching for these players in the 1st.
Paul Posluszny (LB, Penn St.) - Maybe I just see him in his worst games, but he reminds me a bit of Katzenmoyer
Quentin Moses (DE, Georgia)- See Brandon Siler above. Bad senior year. Motor?
Adam Carriker DE Nebraska - I like him a lot, but he might be long gone by the time we draft.
LaMarr Woodley, DE Michigan- Speed kills. Lack of speed @ combine might drop his stock into the second round.
Anthony Spencer DE Purdue - I definitely would consider him.

Michael Griffin/S/6-0 205/Texas - Meh. I think I wouldn't use a 1st for Griffin. Rouse, Gattis & Wendling, all of whom I like better, will be available in the 2-3 range.
Marcus McCauley (CB, Fresno St.) - Bad Senior year, and lack of confidence @ senior bowl might drop him into the second day.
Darrelle Revis (CB, Pittsburgh) - I definitely would consider him.
Fred Bennett (CB, South Carolina) - 3rd rounder in my humbled opinion.
Aaron Ross CB Texas - I definitely would consider him.
Daymeion Hughes CB California- I definitely would consider him.

Brandon Meriweather/S/CB/6-0 /Miami See Griffin above.
Aaron Rouse (SS, Virginia Tech) - 2-3rd rounder in my opinion.

Robert Meacham (WR, Tennessee) - I could see either Meacham, or Rice available (though more likely Meacham from the early reports). I wouldn't love the pick, but by a value standpoint I would understand it.
Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina
- See above

Last edited:
The Wilfork Factor

.... I would like to get Patrick Willis but don't think he will drop to us. Maybe someone else can drop to us we like.

Positional awareness seems to be the starting point for draft forecasting.
(Position in the draft, that is ... not where he plays.)

But, of the "consensus" choices of players who'll be gone before we pick ...
and only of those collegians the Patriots are likely to want ...
who do you think is most likely to drop to us?

Let me add one note to MGTEICH's first rounders.

Sub 4.5 Revis and sub 4.5 Leonard for me in the first. Followed by ILB Harris in the second and Moses in the third. If we get a 3rd round comp pick then it's Gattis of WF.

If Leonard can't run a sub 4.5 then it becomes Sub 4.5 Revis and sub 4.55 Griffin in the first, followed by ILB Harris in the second and Moses in the third. If we get a 3rd round comp pick then it's sub 4.5 Pittman of OSU.

Let me add one note to MGTEICH's first rounders.

Sub 4.5 Revis and sub 4.5 Leonard for me in the first. Followed by ILB Harris in the second and Moses in the third. If we get a 3rd round comp pick then it's Gattis of WF.

If Leonard can't run a sub 4.5 then it becomes Sub 4.5 Revis and sub 4.55 Griffin in the first, followed by ILB Harris in the second and Moses in the third. If we get a 3rd round comp pick then it's sub 4.5 Pittman of OSU.

So if Leonard is a 4.51 guy, he goes from first rounder to off your board, or are you assuming somebody else will take him before our second rounder?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference