PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Team Rumor: Randle El has 3 suitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
madmike77 said:
Well as a Steelers fan, I'm not so sure they're willing to throw a lot of money at him. As a pure receiver he's a poor man's number 2 and an above average number 3. His value comes in his versatility - he's a great runner on screens and direct snaps, plus he can obviously make the odd throw.

That said. the Steelers may be more inclined to invest their money in a better pure receiver. So he could be available.

He's what Bethel Johnson should have been.

If they signed A.R.E I don't think it would be as a #2..more likely a #3 and utility player

KDPpatsfan said:
If they signed A.R.E I don't think it would be as a #2..more likely a #3 and utility player

The Redskins will offer Randle El #2 WR money, if not more. Who's their current #2? David Patten? James Thrash? Danny Snyder has enough money to pay off the entire Republican Congress anyway. Like I said, it comes down to what Randle El wants more, championships or money.

I agree, and we need a #3 who can return punts.

KDPpatsfan said:

My working assumption whenever I read about teams being "interested" in a player is that the stories originate with said player's agent. My other assumption is that, whenever an agent's lips are moving, he's probably lying.

I'm on record as pro-ARE as a seamless replacement for Troy Brown, saving a roster spot as the #3 QB, and returning punts.

I'm also on record as saying they'll be more money elsewhere, which I expect him to take.

dryheat44 said:
and returning punts.

Just as long as he doesn't try to crack himself at the midline like a lobster again.

I seriously thought he had broken his back after the nature of the hit and how he was kinda writhing on the ground... embarassingly, the only thing I thought was "well, so much more him being a Pat". :rolleyes:

dryheat44 said:
I'm on record as pro-ARE as a seamless replacement for Troy Brown, saving a roster spot as the #3 QB, and returning punts.

I'm also on record as saying they'll be more money elsewhere, which I expect him to take.

I'm with you all but the #3 QB part. He's a terrible QB. Using him as the #2 would be conceeding any game that the #1 gets hurt because he would never even lead the team to so much as a FG.

Last edited:
dhamz said:
I'm with you all but the #3 QB part. He's a terrible QB. Using him as the #2 would be conceeding any game that the #1 gets hurt because he would never even lead the team to so much as a FG.

That's the beauty of using him as #3 QB. The only thing it would change would be to allow Belichick to keep one more player on the 53 out of camp, and a bit more flexibility when doing the game day inactives. Cassell would dress as the #2, and ARE would dress as the #3 WR/PR. In case of emergency or trick play, ARE would be available.

It's really no different than when Parcells had Bledsoe #1, Zolak #2, and punter Tom Tupa #3. I think ARE is as good a QB as most teams' third-stringers.

I don't think there is any way we sign David Givens and Antwaan Randle El, and if I had to choose between them, I would definitley go with Givens.

brdmaverick said:
I don't think there is any way we sign David Givens and Antwaan Randle El, and if I had to choose between them, I would definitley go with Givens.

If they command the same salary, I absolutely agree.

However, the only receiver we have under contract that had more than 5 catches last year is Branch. We're going to have to sign AT LEAST two receivers, why not Givens and Randle-El?

dryheat44 said:
If they command the same salary, I absolutely agree.

However, the only receiver we have under contract that had more than 5 catches last year is Branch. We're going to have to sign AT LEAST two receivers, why not Givens and Randle-El?

Exactly. Just bc this year they are two of the top WRs on the market, doens't mean they will command insane salaries.

CheerforTom said:
Just as long as he doesn't try to crack himself at the midline like a lobster again.

I seriously thought he had broken his back after the nature of the hit and how he was kinda writhing on the ground... embarassingly, the only thing I thought was "well, so much more him being a Pat". :rolleyes:

I thought it was a bruised kidney.

I wish I could remember if Josh Miller had any Randel El insight was he was doing Felger's show. I remember he talked about The Bus and Cowher. He's more versatile than Givens with returning punts and gagdet plays. But somehow I can see him landing here. Not enough $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore