PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox finish first road trip 5-1

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
great start
last time they started 5-1 was '99
we all remember that yr

one thing to worry about: coco, let's hope he's okay, we need him, he really gets things going

paps didnt look as good today
foulke looked better
i have a feeling that paps might just be keeping the seat warm for foulke, since foulke didnt have a whole spring training

lowell is not very good
i am really starting to love loretta (his defensive probs today aside)

the near future is whats brightest but we really could compete for a championship this yr

I'm rapidly falling in love with this style of Baseball. Here's to what's shaping up to be a great season!

sdaniels7114 said:
I'm rapidly falling in love with this style of Baseball. Here's to what's shaping up to be a great season!

I can't remember them ever being this patient at the plate and drawing so many walks.......though it helped having Cousins behind the plate with a strike zone for the Orioles that made you scvratch your head. If I was an O's fan, I would have been screaming at the TV.....

Hell of a start to the 2006 season.
Now they come home for the home opener.
Let's hope they can keep this rolling.

Patsfanin Philly said:
I can't remember them ever being this patient at the plate and drawing so many walks.......though it helped having Cousins behind the plate with a strike zone for the Orioles that made you scvratch your head. If I was an O's fan, I would have been screaming at the TV.....

I thought the strikezone was a little weird, but not favored towards the Sox. I figured it was a Baltimore thing, maybe the camera wasn't quite lined up with the center of the rubber and the center of home plate. It looked to me like the strikezone was shifted a few inches towards third base.

patsfan55 said:
i am really starting to love loretta (his defensive probs today aside)
he only made one error .what defensive problem ? lol lol

I'm really liking the team. I hope coco heals quickly.

IRT Papelbon (I can't call him Pap because it makes me think of a Pap smear. . .something you men don't have to think about!), I think he's due for a rough inning every now and then, so long as he doesn't completely fall apart, a la Derek Lowe as a closer.

I was encouraged by Foulke's inning, but still feel my heart in my shoes every time I see him on the mound.

I'd like to see some more offense coming out of the 3 and 4 spots. . .Manny looks like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing up there.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back