PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Soloman's take on the draft...holes and all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
''I felt like I was being asked about a crime," Watson said. ''Then the guy started yelling questions at me, and he grabbed my wrist, and kept asking me if I was lying.

'' 'Have you ever smoked marijuana? You sure? Are you lying? Sounds like you're nervous, so you must be lying! I can feel your pulse, you know? You're lying!' "

Watson, son of a minister, was neither intimidated nor impressed by the primitive lie detection method.

''I remember thinking, 'Are y'all going to draft me or not?' " he said. ''Why do I have to waste my time. Why do I have to do this?"
:eek: Wow. Just wow.

That was a great article, very informative. The Clevelend Browns put Watson through all that BS and then draft Winslow, must have been because he scored so well on their tests.

What's amazing is all this is done...and yet it is still throwing darts.

I wonder if that Browns interrogator asked Winslow Jr if he liked motorcycles?

who was the browns GM then?

smg93 said:
I wonder if that Browns interrogator asked Winslow Jr if he liked motorcycles?
jeez.
and with all that they select winslow.
the browns GM clearly had specific ideas about getting to "know" a prospect. personally i'd rather meet his girlfriend than do the spotlight thing.

ilduce06410 said:
jeez.
and with all that they select winslow.
the browns GM clearly had specific ideas about getting to "know" a prospect. personally i'd rather meet his girlfriend than do the spotlight thing.

Wasn't Butch Davis the Browns' GM? Supposedly, Butch was Kraft's second choice if BB hadn't gotten out of the Jets' contract. Scary thought.

the tiny difference

bucky said:
Wasn't Butch Davis the Browns' GM? Supposedly, Butch was Kraft's second choice if BB hadn't gotten out of the Jets' contract. Scary thought.
just shows how tiny the difference is, in the nfl, between great vs. horrible decisions.
as i recall ol' butch was a helluva college coach.
also, this phenomenon has developed in the last 10 years: Coordinators get a shot to be a HC. they either succeed or they don't. not all of them have the humility to go back to being a DC or OC afterward.
ray rhodes was right, and holmgren was right, to get him as a DC with the seahawks. dennis green needs to let go and return to being a hellacious OC. we'll see what happens with mangini.
pete carroll was real smart to go take a college job, he clearly wasn't suited for coaching NFL players.
IMO the most remarkable decision of the past 10 years was hiring jack delrio as HC of the jaguars. i suspect that it was a really bad decision that has turned into gold for the jags. god bless 'em.
BTW, where is ol' butch now anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back