PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pics from Pats/Dolphins (luxury box view)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_in_sunnyvale

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know this is over two weeks late, but better late than never...

My apparently well-connected brother gave me an unforgettable Christmas gift...two luxury box tix to the Pats/Dolphins game on New Years Day. Here's a link to the few pics I took:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chris_in_sunnyvale/album?.dir=/ff14&.src=ph

It was my first game ever at Gillette and my first regular season game in Foxboro in almost 15 years (Seattle in '91). Since moving to CA in '92, I've attended almost all of the Pats' west coast road games, but it's not the same as seeing them at home.

Regards,
Chris

I'd hapilly take those seats, don't get me wrong - but I actually expected a better view... the players and the field seem quite far away

maybe seeing it in a photo doesn't do it justice, but that's the way it seems

Thanks for sharing though!

JoeSixPat said:
I'd hapilly take those seats, don't get me wrong - but I actually expected a better view... the players and the field seem quite far away

maybe seeing it in a photo doesn't do it justice, but that's the way it seems

Thanks for sharing though!
The photos definitely do not do those seats justice. Typical standard wide-angle lense. I'm looking for a good zoom attachment that provides better long-distance shots that better reflect the actual viewing experience.

Regards,
Chris

nice, someday im going to sit in there, somehow..

i always thought of a luxury box as more of a spacious room with only room for 10 ppl or so.. kinda like the ones in fleet center.. are their separators between you and the others?

Let first say that I don't think the red seats have squat to do with the controversy surrounding crowd noise at Gillette.

But your pictures sum it up quite nicely as to why fans might feel a bit "reserved" in those club seats! :)

d422.jpg

Chris said:
nice, someday im going to sit in there, somehow..

i always thought of a luxury box as more of a spacious room with only room for 10 ppl or so.. kinda like the ones in fleet center.. are their separators between you and the others?
I should have taken more pics of the box's interior, but I also didn't want to look like tool amongst the box's regulars. The boxes have three rows of seats, each row with about 10 seats, the last row backed by a bar counter and barstools (where my wife and I sat). Behind that is a spacious lounge area with TVs tuned to the other games and a buffet spread. One waitress was assigned to the box and served everyone's needs...very nice lady. The box had its own bathroom. All of the adjacent boxes were separated by glass (that's why you can see the nun in the next box over) so there's no tunnel-vision effect.

The club section (i.e. the red seats) was one floor below us. The luxury boxes do not have outside seating. The windows were opened (to varying degrees, depending on who was sitting in the front row) in order to hear the crowd noise and feel more at the game.

Regards,
Chris

Is that nun drinking a beer in the first picture?

those are some good pics.

i'd love to have those seats at least once

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft