PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kelly Washington shows the team why he's much more valuable than just as a STs ace

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstAndGoal

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Re: Kelly Washington shows the team why he's much more valuable than just as a STs ac

Every football team from Freshman football on up runs scout teams. This is nothing unique to the Pats. If you're implementing new plays/defensive packages, what good is it to run them against your own team's formations/system. ;)

EDIT: wow, this board is messed up. How did I get inserted before the first post below?????????????

Last edited:
Kelly Washington is much more valuable to this team than just playing special teams.

First he is a great backup WR should injury occur and now he has been a special player in practice helping us shut to try and shut down Kellen Winslow by imitating Kellen Winslow's performances in practice this week.

Maybe Kelly should have been a TE since he is apparently doing a great job imitating TEs ;)

This guy is just another in a long line of BBs players we hear little about on the field but in practice they are MVP players to the team,Stuff like this is integral to winning the next week more than any fan just realizes

In my memory I remember hearing about particular outstanding imitations in practice which led up to shutting down that player in the upcoming game.

Coming to mind are...

Damon Huard as Peyton Manning in 2003
Bam Childress as Ladanian Tomlinson in this years game against SD
and now
Kelly Washington as Anthony Gates in the same SD game this year and now he portrays Kellen Winslow - we will see if that helps on sunday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/10/06/scouts_honor_for_washington/

I wonder how many teams week after week do things like this in practice with players imitating the upcoming top p[ayers?
Maybe the other teams just don't do it much or don't have players with the talent to imitate a player like the guys BB has on his teams

Whatever the case is,you can probably rest assured that when the team stops an outstanding player in a game that maybe a part of the reason is that a practice player may have helped beyond what you see on the field and maybe a reason why the Patriots don't allow other teams stars to shine when on the field with the Patriots because the defense already knows what to expect besides just watching films on them.

Re: Kelly Washington shows the team why he's much more valuable than just as a STs ac

I wonder how many teams week after week do things like this in practice with players imitating the upcoming top p[ayers?

Whatever the case is,you can probably rest assured that when the team stops an outstanding player in a game that maybe a part of the reason is that a practice player may have helped beyond what you see on the field.

All 32 teams do that. Football teams in High School do that.

Yes, believe it or not having people play well in practice does better prepare the team to play in games.

Just another part of what it takes to win..it's sometimes teh small things that do it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes