PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy GQ officially staying in SF per Schefter

Because Zappa has no experience.
Which doesn’t preclude him from providing a competitive push from behind. Hoyer has plenty of experience, he provides zero push.

Jimmy would be a fool to not look long term.
He has zero negotiable leverage without proving he’s healthy and functioning. Besides most teams have their QB now, a year from now there will be a bunch who need one. He also wants to collect that last year of salary.

Where will he land? I see his commercials on TV.

I believe that BB would love to have him back, but the asking price is out of reach.

Agree Bill loved him, he would take him back if it wasn't for Mac Jones on board.

No thanks, nice guy who can’t stay healthy. Jones is going to be a much better QB than Garrapolo ever was. Jones is also going to demonstrate a stronger arm and better deep ball than Garrapolo has, now that he has a receiving corps than can force defenses to cover the whole field.

Agree Bill loved him, he would take him back if it wasn't for Mac Jones on board.
Question is are the Pats a stronger team with Jimmy at # 2?

Gotta say yes.

If Jimmy is on the 9ers roster week 1, it becomes fully guaranteed. There’s speculation from Mike Florio the 9ers will wait it out to see if there’s a major training camp injury to get better value back for Jimmy G. If no injuries occur, the 9ers could wait until the 11th hour to ask Jimmy to take a pay cut or else they will release him. His back will now be against the wall.
Not sure where you are reading that. 9ers take a $1.4M dead cap hit if they cut or trade him. His base salary only has a $7.5M injury guarantee. No team that trades for him has to take on the $25.5M (despite what Wussie thinks). I assume any trade w/ picks being exchanged will result in a renegotiated contract where he's only guaranteed $7.5M against injuries with a total of maybe $12-18M probably full of incentives (given his surgery).

The only teams w/ cap space & QB need I can see are the Seahawks. Maybe, the Steelers or Falcons (though they're prob. on rebuild mode). Giants don't have enough cap space to pull it off w/o using a bunch of void years. Jimmy would need to agree since team has told him to seek out a team for a trade. Don Yee will find a place for him. He's better than Lock, Smith, Trubiski, Rudolph, Mariota, DJones, Taylor, and half a dozen other stiffs in the league.

Which doesn’t preclude him from providing a competitive push from behind. Hoyer has plenty of experience, he provides zero push.
A push from fetching coffee for BB and Patricia?

This guy could be down the road before the leaves turn colors.

He has zero negotiable leverage without proving he’s healthy and functioning. Besides most teams have their QB now, a year from now there will be a bunch who need one. He also wants to collect that last year of salary.
Jimmy does not have to sign in Cleveland.

He has a better shot in Houston and Atlanta plus they are Dome teams.

A push from fetching coffee for BB and Patricia?

This guy could be down the road before the leaves turn colors.
Nobody including you can predict which rookies will be successful or fail… I know this so I never pretend that I do.

Jimmy does not have to sign in Cleveland.

He has a better shot in Houston and Atlanta plus they are Dome teams.
Houston has Mills, Atlanta is a possibility… Jimmy doesn’t have to sign anywhere.

Nobody including you can predict which rookies will be successful or fail… I know this so I never pretend that I do.
Mac Jones cant sleep knowing a rookie Western Kentucky QB wants his job.

Except the Belichick family's, it seems...
Do you have an issue with Belichick's kids? The two sons and his daughter? Speak up please. Thanks

Question is are the Pats a stronger team with Jimmy at # 2?

Gotta say yes.
Yes they ars stronger with JG at #2. Expensive backup QB however. Kraft won't go alone with this idea.

Not sure where you are reading that. 9ers take a $1.4M dead cap hit if they cut or trade him. His base salary only has a $7.5M injury guarantee. No team that trades for him has to take on the $25.5M (despite what Wussie thinks). I assume any trade w/ picks being exchanged will result in a renegotiated contract where he's only guaranteed $7.5M against injuries with a total of maybe $12-18M probably full of incentives (given his surgery).

The only teams w/ cap space & QB need I can see are the Seahawks. Maybe, the Steelers or Falcons (though they're prob. on rebuild mode). Giants don't have enough cap space to pull it off w/o using a bunch of void years. Jimmy would need to agree since team has told him to seek out a team for a trade. Don Yee will find a place for him. He's better than Lock, Smith, Trubiski, Rudolph, Mariota, DJones, Taylor, and half a dozen other stiffs in the league.
Here it is:

“If released healthy, the 49ers would pick up $25.55 million of cap space. Garoppolo would need to be gone by the regular season opener on Sept. 11 at the latest. With Garoppplo on the opening day roster, his $24.2 million base salary would be fully guaranteed through termination pay if subsequently released.”

Yes they ars stronger with JG at #2. Expensive backup QB however. Kraft won't go alone with this idea.
The contract would obviously be reworked.

At this point I believe Kraft would go all in to win another banner.

People close to Shanahan (Shannon Sharpe, Chris Simms), knew it was Jones at the time of the trade. However, the trade happened too early which gave them more time to convince themselves that they should reconsider the potential of Lance after missing out on Watson and Mahomes. This was their speculation.
I heard the fans were very vocal and outraged about the idea of drafting Jones. Most of them didn't like the idea because they wanted an athletic QB like Lance or Fields over Jones. The reports are the front office were influenced in part by the fan reaction.

But I always thought it was stupid for them to trade up that high and that early unless they were absolutely in love with someone. Knowing who the top two picks were going to be meant they knew every single player that was going to be available. If they weren't in love at that point with any of the three remaining QBs (or another player), they should have waited until they made up their mind who they were in love with and if they never fell in love with any of them then they should have waited til draft day and drafted the one that slid to them or strategically traded up as the draft progressed and players came off the board. They used three first rounders for Lance and he might have actually fallen to them at the 12 spot if they didn't make the trade.

Jimmy needs to go to a team that needs a #1. That team also needs a good Oline and decent weapons. I think the Saints would be a great spot for him. Don’t believe Winston is the answer.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back