PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrington takes all 1st team reps at Thursday practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
let the interceptions begin

Personally, I hope Daunte is the starter . . . he's the Devil we know.

NEM said:
Agree completely.
In all honesty.... so do I. I harbor a secret fear that Joey can actually play. We all know Fumblepepper... well, you know.

Man, I was looking forward to the pass rushers padding their stats. We know Culpepper is bad, who knows what Joey will do.

i saw in nfl network that culpepper is listed probable with a shoulder injury

I want Culpepper to play! It will be like watching a pack of wild wolves chasing down an injured deer.... I have a bad feeling about harrington playing and having his one good game of his career!

Was it Joey or was it three first-round WRs who totally sucked?

I didn't think I'd live to see the day where Frerotte looks like a better option than either of the two turds the Dolphins currently have at quarterback.

Last edited:
Johnny Z said:
Was it Joey or was it three first-round WRs who totally sucked?

the answer to this is both !

Patriotic said:
Personally, I hope Daunte is the starter . . . he's the Devil we know.

I am not worried about either one of them.

BB will have his troops prepared for either one.
I watched Harrington play a game last year and he threw about 4-5 passes in a row right on target - hit the receiver in the hands - and they dropped like 3 in a row on him - lol - it was very amusing to watch. he was trying to maintain his composure but you could see how frustrated he was. BUT...
that was one little spree.
he proceded to go back to his old self and three 3-4 passes that were way off and got picked and they replaced him with garcia.

look, even if he comes in and plays decent for a while, he lacks poise - gets ratlled and is inconsistant. He'll throw a few balls up for grabs at the worst possbile times. I wouldn't worry about him coming out and beating us.

he also hasn't played in awhile, he'll have some rust ti shake off.

look, the pats are at home, and they know if they win, the phins will be 3 games behind. plus they'd much rather be 4-1 than 3-2/ plus they don't want to lose and have to think about it all throug the bye week. plus the jets play the jags and the bills play the bears so the pats know they could extend their lead over each to 2 games with a win.

I think you'll see the boys play well and bring home the 'w'.

I would much rather have Daunte starting. With him we know what we can expect. Sure there are films of Joey to study from the Lions, but he's in a new system with a different coach... who knows what he is capable of now? I like certainty. I like to know everything, know what we can expect and what we can do and not dealing with an x factor.

edgecy said:
I would much rather have Daunte starting. With him we know what we can expect. Sure there are films of Joey to study from the Lions, but he's in a new system with a different coach... who knows what he is capable of now? I like certainty. I like to know everything, know what we can expect and what we can do and not dealing with an x factor.

it is a certainty that joey harrington sucks, and you can know what to expect - a pats win.

all kidding aside, I hear what your saying about feeling comfortable that we can beat culpepper, but we can just as easily handle joey harrington. if the phins are gonna play joey and not daunte, it's not a reason to get worried.

even if harrington had a strong game, doesn't mean the pats won't win.

i would like too to see Culpepper as starting qb for Mia

Harrington as first game will have 1000 motivations to perform...

SamBam39 said:
the answer to this is both !

1 2/3... Roy Williams appears to be a legitimate NFL #1 receiver, maybe even better if he had someone who wasn't NFL Europe man of the century Jon Kitna throwing to him.

primetime said:
1 2/3... Roy Williams appears to be a legitimate NFL #1 receiver, maybe even better if he had someone who wasn't NFL Europe man of the century Jon Kitna throwing to him.

that's true - roy williams looks to be the only receiver the lions got right so far.

they blew it on harrington, williams, and rogers in the first round!

2 of them are gone already! (harrington, rogers)

italianpatthepatriot said:
i would like too to see Culpepper as starting qb for Mia

Harrington as first game will have 1000 motivations to perform...

well, first of all, looks like joey might be playing if he's taking all the snaps - but clearly not a definate yet. so if he's taking the snaps - better get used to the idea he might be the guy who plays.

secondly though, he's had 1000 motivations to perform in the past and he hasn't looked very good at all.

no worries.

SamBam39 said:
he's had 1000 motivations to perform in the past and he hasn't looked very good at all.

no worries.

of course you are correct but DET was horrible and still is horrible

not that Miami is much more better as their OL looks bad

but i think you agree with me that probably in a way Harrington could have a further special motivation : first game, a must win game for Miami, they play @ NE...

of course i'm not worried - our front 7 will give him eventually troubles but i would like to see on the field Culpepper

ps = compliments for yr avatar...i love the 'past' !

I'd say that with every week that goes by in Detroit, its more and more clear that their previous QB was not the root cause of their problems.

I'd be surprised if Harrington started on the road if Culpepper's still able to go, but if I were the Fins I'd definately keep the Patriots guessing and make them gameplan for both QBs

I do think that Harrington will get a good amount of playingtime this week even if he doesn't start - but giving up on Culpepper, given what he could do, did do, in 2004 is probably not something they really want to do still.

That team has more problems than QB - and until their offensive line plays better, it doesn't matter who they have in at RB and QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST