PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Feel Better About the Ghost???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptmorgan04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
While I have been happy with the Ghost since we drafted him, I do feel better after todays game going forward for the rest of the year than beforehand. We have all established he has a big leg. Now we will just have to see what he can do in the clutch, but good job to him today with his 2/2 FG's. One game and kick at a time

i am very happy, expecially for him. a very good day for our rookie kicker

Looks like he's improving, gotta be happy with that.

I was happy to see his performance today. Here's to many more perfect kicking games!

It was nice to see the first one go through. Always hard to get back on track after a fall.

FG kicking is so much a matter of technique. He clearly has the physical tools, as those booming kickoffs prove. He just needs his reps in practice. I think he'll continue to improve in front of our eyes.

where is armen and the other gost haters ?

gost is up to 5 of 8. and if you take out the blocks 5 of 6.

the kid is ok.

Steve will be fine . . . but these overly spirited fans who called him Ghost . . . I say BOOOOOOOO! Pun iniended.

Yes. Yes I do.

(A) His kickoffs still own. :rocker:
(B) Unlike some other kickers, he hasn't had a shank and a blocked kick in the same game. :D

Last edited:
Patriotic said:
Steve will be fine . . . but these overly spirited fans who called him Ghost . . . I say BOOOOOOOO! Pun iniended.

No kidding - it's a lousy nickname for a rookie being asked to follow a legend...

And especially considering he already had a nickname he liked - Gotti. Just like Maroney likes being called koolaid.

What he needed was to start stringing together some successful kicks. He has done just that. I am really pleased with him and think he's doing fine.

I will also never call him Ghost.

It's THE GHOST, not just "ghost". I don't like "Ghost" either but THE GHOST is awesome.

MoLewisrocks said:
No kidding - it's a lousy nickname for a rookie being asked to follow a legend...

And especially considering he already had a nickname he liked - Gotti. Just like Maroney likes being called koolaid.

sorry I am not up on everyones official nicknames and dont feel like trying to spell his last name. I am happy with him whatever his name or nickname is!

No, I don't feel better -- I feel just as good. :D

I guess I'm going to have to keep typing "Gostkowski", though, because I don't like the nickname "Gotti" either. I don't think that real life murderous gangsters are funny or cute.

Look - no offense to the rookie, but he's a rookie.

Until he's here for a few seasons with a few big kicks under his belt I'm not going to stop worrying.

I never worried about AV - and eventually I'd like to get to that point with the Ghost or Gotti or whatever he wants to be called... but I'm not there yet and his blocks and misses from previous weeks sure haven't helped.

After he makes a few kicks in late November/December, then I'll start to feel better

Once he makes a gamewinner, or two, he'll be fine. And so won't I -:)

PATSNUTme said:
It's THE GHOST, not just "ghost". I don't like "Ghost" either but THE GHOST is awesome.

Call him Gotti. The Ghost is the lamest football nickname I've ever heard.

sieglo said:
Call him Gotti. The Ghost is the lamest football nickname I've ever heard.

That sound you heard was sieglo shooting himself in the foot.

http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00014213.html

Understandably, you'd have to actually know something about the history of the NFL and its all-time greats to have heard of Red Grange.

Though I guess nowadays scoring 4 TDs in 12 minutes (covering 262 yards) doesn't seem all that memorable.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
That sound you heard was sieglo shooting himself in the foot.

http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/features/00014213.html

Understandably, you'd have to actually know something about the history of the NFL and its all-time greats to have heard of Red Grange.

Though I guess nowadays scoring 4 TDs in 12 minutes (covering 262 yards) doesn't seem all that memorable.

Of course, this leads into one of the best sports annecdotes ever:

"I was interviewing George Halas and I asked him who is the greatest running back you ever saw. And he said, 'That would be Red Grange.' And I asked him if Grange was playing today, how many yards do you think he'd gain. And he said, 'About 750, maybe 800 yards.' And I said, 'Well, 800 yards is just okay.' He sat up in his chair and he said, 'Son, you must remember one thing. Red Grange is 75 years old.'" -- Chris Berman on ESPN's SportsCentury show.

I am here to give Gostkowski his props

I do not like "Ghost" for a nickname, though...

And of course, all of my "Shankowski" and "Brickowski" nicknames are now out of style, since he actually converted 2-for-2!

Gotti is okay, but as someone mentioned, murderous gangsters are not politically correct these days...

How about "Splitkowski" because he has learned how to split the uprights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST