PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Estadio Azteca Damaged [can game be played in Mexico City after earthquake?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't care less about the stadium. Prayers out to the Mexican people. It was the anniversary of the quake in 85. Crazy. I don't even know about it but heard about it.

Absolutely already 44 dead and climbing - praying for all of them.

Isn't it possible the story is true, the stadium actually did take some damage but the photo that was circulated is wrong?

Isn't it possible the story is true, the stadium actually did take some damage but the photo that was circulated is wrong?
I think there was an element of truth in the story but right now, I believe the league is looking at the big picture of the situation in Mexico City, not just the stadium itself.

If Kraft really wanted to stick it to Goodell, he could say he has safety concerns about the stadium. As an alternate neutral site that would easily sell out with Raider and Patriot fans that is close by, he could propose this.

CL1-junior-seau-hall-of-fame_t670.jpg

If Kraft really wanted to stick it to Goodell, he could say he has safety concerns about the stadium. As an alternate neutral site that would easily sell out with Raider and Patriot fans that is close by, he could propose this.

CL1-junior-seau-hall-of-fame_t670.jpg
It's officially a Raiders home game, neutral site doesn't apply. If it's not in Mexico City it'll be in Oakland.

If you guys watched more Libertadores, you'd know the truth

Dam

Would have been nice if the team didn't have to make the trip to the third world
I wouldn't step into that city without my own food supply and Creasy watching my back

upload_2017-9-21_9-5-30.png

WTF, they've been to Oakland before. I'd much rather Mexico City. I've been to both. The latter is safer.

Haha.

I live near Oakland. Can't say I'd be upset to get to attend a bonus Pats game when I wasn't expecting to!

It's officially a Raiders home game, neutral site doesn't apply. If it's not in Mexico City it'll be in Oakland.

Right, good point. I know that the Raiders are temporary Oakland residents at this point but it still stinks for their fans that they lose out on their last 'home' opportunity to see Tom Brady since the game is in Mexico.

WTF, they've been to Oakland before. I'd much rather Mexico City. I've been to both. The latter is safer.

That's fair

Oakland is also third world

If the city is a mess and the players don't get their typical accommodations, they should cancel/relocate the game.

I hate the fact the NFL has any desire to have games played in other countries.

But it's all about greed

Wait...someone disagreed with this post? "Could care less" when you mean "couldn't" doesn't make sense.
Actually the proper term is "could not care any less"....not "couldn't". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back