PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damon's Ad

ya i saw that

I wonder why it took so long to do the ad? We will miss you Johnny!

Screw him.

Johnny Mac said:
Screw him.

Exactly. Seems to be a lame attempt to show the fans that he never really wanted to leave, that he's really a good guy. More PR than substance.

well

I understand why people seem to hate him now that he went over to the dark side. However I don't "hate" him, becuase I believe he wanted to stay in boston and was run out by lucky and co. If the sox had persued him and offered him somewhere in the neighborhood of the yankee money and he bolted---then i understand. That's not what happened though and although it sucks, i can't blame him for doing it!

mtbykr said:
I understand why people seem to hate him now that he went over to the dark side. However I don't "hate" him, becuase I believe he wanted to stay in boston and was run out by lucky and co. If the sox had persued him and offered him somewhere in the neighborhood of the yankee money and he bolted---then i understand. That's not what happened though and although it sucks, i can't blame him for doing it!
screw damon .i would have more respect for him if he came right out and said its the money .instead he made all kinds of excuses like the sox are dismantling the team they dont want me bla bla bla what a bunch of ****.the redsox arent the yankees .the yankees have a 200 million plus payroll the redsox 130 million thats a big difference.the sox made him a excellent offer he didnt take it period.the newspaper ad should have been done six weeks ago .bledsoe put his ad in the paper in less than a week after getting traded.i hope redsox fans never get tired of booing damon i know i wont .

well

patriotspride said:
screw damon .i would have more respect for him if he came right out and said its the money .instead he made all kinds of excuses like the sox are dismantling the team they dont want me bla bla bla what a bunch of ****.the redsox arent the yankees .the yankees have a 200 million plus payroll the redsox 130 million thats a big difference.the sox made him a excellent offer he didnt take it period.the newspaper ad should have been done six weeks ago .bledsoe put his ad in the paper in less than a week after getting traded.i hope redsox fans never get tired of booing damon i know i wont .

I guess that we can agree to disagree about this point then. I agree with you that it took way to long for the ad to come out! However I don't agree that he made excuses instead of just saying he did it for the money. All sources point to the fact that JD wanted to remain with the sox, but they didn't feel the same. Even now we are finding out that the sox wanted Crisp last year and were afraid that his great september would lead to a high asking price. The sox threw their first offer out there (4/40) early and never did anything else. You can't tell me that the sox wanted JD when they threw one offer out and then never had anymore contact with JD or his agent! A month went by with no contact---then the yankees offer appeared and he only had a 4 hour window to make a decision. (and yes they threw a lot of money out there) His agent contacted the sox and the sox thought he was bluffing (that's what they said publicly anyway, my guess is they were happy--that way they can get out of it and look like they tried to the public). JD even called the FO, and no one would talk to him. So he figured they were "rebuilding" (look at everything else the "disarayed" FO had done so far) and did what he thought was his only other option and signed with the yanks!

Now he is a Yanker and the enemy and that's fine! However don't make it out like he bolted town for more money even though the sox tried their best but couldn't match the money---becuase that's just not true. You hear reports from people that know him (friends, former teamates, ect...) and they all say he wanted to remain in boston, and the stuff he said when he signed (great money, ect..) was just a way of him justifying in his mind that he did the right thing--even though he doesn't want to be there!

Now he's gone. I for one wish he was still here--with him and Millar gone we have lost a big face of the team and the character that helped us win a world series! Things change I know, I just wish we could have kept our world series team together for a little while to see what they could do! Oh well, tis the life of a sox fan!

mtbykr said:
I guess that we can agree to disagree about this point then. I agree with you that it took way to long for the ad to come out! However I don't agree that he made excuses instead of just saying he did it for the money. All sources point to the fact that JD wanted to remain with the sox, but they didn't feel the same. Even now we are finding out that the sox wanted Crisp last year and were afraid that his great september would lead to a high asking price. The sox threw their first offer out there (4/40) early and never did anything else. You can't tell me that the sox wanted JD when they threw one offer out and then never had anymore contact with JD or his agent! A month went by with no contact---then the yankees offer appeared and he only had a 4 hour window to make a decision. (and yes they threw a lot of money out there) His agent contacted the sox and the sox thought he was bluffing (that's what they said publicly anyway, my guess is they were happy--that way they can get out of it and look like they tried to the public). JD even called the FO, and no one would talk to him. So he figured they were "rebuilding" (look at everything else the "disarayed" FO had done so far) and did what he thought was his only other option and signed with the yanks!

Now he is a Yanker and the enemy and that's fine! However don't make it out like he bolted town for more money even though the sox tried their best but couldn't match the money---becuase that's just not true. You hear reports from people that know him (friends, former teamates, ect...) and they all say he wanted to remain in boston, and the stuff he said when he signed (great money, ect..) was just a way of him justifying in his mind that he did the right thing--even though he doesn't want to be there!

Now he's gone. I for one wish he was still here--with him and Millar gone we have lost a big face of the team and the character that helped us win a world series! Things change I know, I just wish we could have kept our world series team together for a little while to see what they could do! Oh well, tis the life of a sox fan!
if he wanted to stay in boston all he had to do was sign on the bottom line 4 for 40 mil a outstanding offer .if they didnt want him they would not offer that much no way and that was not the first offer either .they offered him a three year deal worth less and jd was offended give me a break. the sox low balling him first makes good buisness sense unless you happen to be the yankees with unlimited amounts of cash he left for the money he even admitted it latter he talked about how much more three mil a year can do.he should have just come out and said so early on instead of blamming the redsox..any good gm or team always has to have a back up plan .coco crisp was someone they looked at in case they could not sign jd it wasnt like getting coco was a sure thing he wasnt a free agent .screw damon hes a phoney

He left because he wanted to chase the maximum money and the Yankees offered him way more than what he's worth. He's not a jerk for doing that, he's a jerk for acting like the Boston fans meant something to him when money has always his one and only concern.

sdaniels7114 said:
He left because he wanted to chase the maximum money and the Yankees offered him way more than what he's worth. He's not a jerk for doing that, he's a jerk for acting like the Boston fans meant something to him when money has always his one and only concern.
i agree .plus i dont like what hes had to say since he signed with the stinkees.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back