PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Close, No Cigar - Do the Bengals Have a Parole Officer Assigned Just to Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the record for most disciplinary issues with one team in a season?

zippo59 said:
What's the record for most disciplinary issues with one team in a season?

I'd guess Oakland holds that honor, but I'm afraid my team has been making a run at it. Cryin' shame when good football players can't figure out the right thing to do, even with get out of jail free cards, families, coaches, and an entire League pointing them in the right direction.

Ah well. Marvin was pretty harsh on the Odell topic, and has already gotten rid of his locker. Not sure if Odell ever makes it back to the team, but he's gonna have to dig from China just to get to the doghouse.

mongoloido said:
I'd guess Oakland holds that honor, but I'm afraid my team has been making a run at it. Cryin' shame when good football players can't figure out the right thing to do, even with get out of jail free cards, families, coaches, and an entire League pointing them in the right direction.

Ah well. Marvin was pretty harsh on the Odell topic, and has already gotten rid of his locker. Not sure if Odell ever makes it back to the team, but he's gonna have to dig from China just to get to the doghouse.

Yeah I read what Marvin said on profootballtalk.com. I was suprised he took such a tough stance. He has been given the Tony Dungy "nice guy" stamp. It is a shame about Thurman especially. He was one promising rookie.

My theory is that Marvin feels betrayed by Odell. As a defensive guy, particularly a linebacker guy, it's only natural for Marvin to have more affection for Odell. Then, after Marvin invested a pick, and all that energy to make him a leader of the defense, Odell tests positive for marijuana, then skips at least one test (which gave him the suspension), then skipped out on OTAs and some of training camp for fear of the team's wrath, then goes and gets a DUI a week before he can rejoin the team. When Pollack went down for the season with the neck injury, we needed him. Apparently, he needed to booze up and drive more.

Crying shame.

mongoloido said:
My theory is that Marvin feels betrayed by Odell. As a defensive guy, particularly a linebacker guy, it's only natural for Marvin to have more affection for Odell. Then, after Marvin invested a pick, and all that energy to make him a leader of the defense, Odell tests positive for marijuana, then skips at least one test (which gave him the suspension), then skipped out on OTAs and some of training camp for fear of the team's wrath, then goes and gets a DUI a week before he can rejoin the team. When Pollack went down for the season with the neck injury, we needed him. Apparently, he needed to booze up and drive more.

Crying shame.

Strictly speaking as a FOOTBALL fan, it makes me sad to see guys with talent, take it for granted and waste it. He's slowly throwing his career away. I hope that he wakes up before it's to late.

Last edited:
DefenseRules said:
Strictly speaking as a FOOTBALL fan, it makes me sad to see guys with talent, take it for granted and waste it. He's slowly throwing his career away. I hope that he wakes up before it's to late.

Me too, even if it has to be with a different team. You want to know that people come from nothing, overcome adversity, and succeed. You sure don't like to see people come close, and let it all slip through their fingers.

BTW: I've been in here because it looks like the interleague forum is for smack talk, which holds no appeal to me. Am I cool to be posting here, or do I need to go to that forum?

mongoloido said:
BTW: I've been in here because it looks like the interleague forum is for smack talk, which holds no appeal to me. Am I cool to be posting here, or do I need to go to that forum?

I'd say its cool - having a non-smack talk (though not non-fan) perspective on the Bengals and their strengths and weaknesses is a very good thing.

Your insight definitely has relevance here because the Bengals are the Pats next oponent.

mongoloido said:

Crying shame.

Mongo, your pain shines through ... your valiant efforts to mask it.

My minor point is that it would be a shame if we don't hear from you more
after this week's game.
You've clearly got game!

My major point would be that
the Patriots try like the ****ens to stick only with high-character guys
not because Myra K. cannot abide thugs ...
but because, as you make the implicit case,
it's getting so that only squeaky clean guys are allowed to play!

Understanding the groundrules
now dictates draft choices
... if you wanna suit 'em up for a few years.

Not all clubs may realize this yet.

flutie2phelan said:
Mongo, your pain shines through ... your valiant efforts to mask it.

My minor point is that it would be a shame if we don't hear from you more
after this week's game.
You've clearly got game!

My major point would be that
the Patriots try like the ****ens to stick only with high-character guys
not because Myra K. cannot abide thugs ...
but because, as you make the implicit case,
it's getting so that only squeaky clean guys are allowed to play!

Understanding the groundrules
now dictates draft choices
... if you wanna suit 'em up for a few years.

Not all clubs may realize this yet.

You're very kind. Pats fans have always been some of the best fans for any other franchise to hang with because you've been everywhere a franchise can go. You can flash your rings with the Steelers fans, talk in vivid detail of the dark days with New Orleans fans, and just hang with everyone in between... Still don't understand how you same cool dudes can be the ones that go ape dookie at the drop of a yankees hat, but that's one of life's joyous surprises :D.

As for my Bengals and their character concerns, I'm a bit all over the board. I'm so ticked with Odell it's unreal. The team practically built him a pedastal to live on, and he just keeps screwing up. I'm very nervous about the drafting of Rucker, Nicholson, and Brooks too. I'm all for second chances, and really do believe the potential is inside these guys to be terrific football players, but I'm just nervous they won't embrace the opportunities to become better men...

I was most unhappy with Chris Henry's antics over the off season (don't get me started on the stupidity of the gun business) though. That kid is twelve kinds of snakebit, and a whole lot of stupid. I would have shaken him til his neck broke, screaming "what the hell were you thinking," if I'd seen him around town (I'd have needed to stand on ladder to do it, but I would have!). For some inexplicable reason, I just can't bring myself to hate him. It's really weird. I dislike the other guys for their screw ups, but something about Henry is different. He's like that pain in the ass, Dennis the Menace, that you just can't quite hate. I don't want him to swing for his crimes, I just want him to wake up, and stop doing really dumb stuff.

mongoloido said:
Me too, even if it has to be with a different team. You want to know that people come from nothing, overcome adversity, and succeed. You sure don't like to see people come close, and let it all slip through their fingers.

Good fans are always welcome IMO.

Lotta wingnuts here lately, it'll be nice to focus on the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents