PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can't even enjoy an NCAAB game without mention of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBLAZE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Memphis/Tennessee

Sideline reporter girl tells the commentators anecdote of how one of the coaches would try to instill staying focused in the players by using the Patriots as an example, in how they'd deal with media distractions etc. Then she went on to say that the coach doesn't use that example anymore after the SB (announcers chuckle), and that one of the players is from Massachusetts and said coach stopped mentioning it and he was still trying to get over it.

AND IF THAT'S not bad enough, they have to pan to the stands to show Peyton Manning looking like a goof in an orange buttondown supporting Tennessee......

Or a NASCAR race.

Darrell Waltrip was obsessing over the Hendricks Motorsports/Patriots connection before the Daytona 500.

They showed a video of Don Shula, Bill Walton, and all those guys who went undeafeted talking about perfection. It still hurts...

They showed a video of Don Shula, Bill Walton, and all those guys who went undeafeted talking about perfection. It still hurts...
ya i forgot about that, one of the commercials. i guess i just tuned that out mentally but trying to focus on watching a game and hearing the announcers chuckling at our meltdown isnt what i want out of a basketball game

Or a NASCAR race.

Darrell Waltrip was obsessing over the Hendricks Motorsports/Patriots connection before the Daytona 500.

Perfect comparison IMO. Two organizations despised in their sport simply for being the best.

Perfect comparison IMO. Two organizations despised in their sport simply for being the best.

His point was how, when the Pats were knocked off, they were "just another team."

His point was how, when the Pats were knocked off, they were "just another team."

LMAO. I don't give a goddamn how it ended, and I don't care what anyone says. To call the 2000's Patriots "another team" is bull****, yes even the 2007 squad. It's easy to beat us down now, god September needs to get here like now....

LMAO. I don't give a goddamn how it ended, and I don't care what anyone says. To call the 2000's Patriots "another team" is bull****, yes even the 2007 squad. It's easy to beat us down now, god September needs to get here like now....

Why, so we come out in a blaze of fury and dominate to silence the critics? I'm not interested in any of that garbage anymore, I really wouldn't even get overly excited at the idea of coming out to silence anyone, because all that matters is how you finish. Finishing how we did last year leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't know that a dominant regular season will do much of anything in taking that away. Only a Lombardi trophy will.

I know! I was watching that game...pretty damn exciting, dont you think?
My dad and my 12-yr-old bro groaned, but I just smiled and said, "Perfection is overrated."
Hah, and Memphis lost! It is officially a curse.

Memphis/Tennessee

Sideline reporter girl tells the commentators anecdote of how one of the coaches would try to instill staying focused in the players by using the Patriots as an example, in how they'd deal with media distractions etc. Then she went on to say that the coach doesn't use that example anymore after the SB (announcers chuckle), and that one of the players is from Massachusetts and said coach stopped mentioning it and he was still trying to get over it.

AND IF THAT'S not bad enough, they have to pan to the stands to show Peyton Manning looking like a goof in an orange buttondown supporting Tennessee......

The sideline report must have been Erin Andrews. Her love of sports may and being a flat-out hottie puts her into a 'Bundchen-like' category for me.

ESPN loves the Manning's and they're notorious knee jerkers. Before the SB, they had the Pats as the best team ever now they're absolutely nothing but an organization going down? Haha.

Or a NASCAR race.

The fact that people out there think Nascar is a legitimate sport.....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST