PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 2nd Round Pick - WR Ja'Lynn Polk

I don't know much about him either, but with most of our wide receivers being slot or z types, getting a guy to compete for snaps at the x isn't a bad thing. Just because Parker and Harry failed here, doesn't mean players like that don't have value WHEN they're good. Tee Higgins is a contested catch guy too, he just does it really, REALLY well. If Polk can play, he can fill a valuable role. We'll see.

Admittedly dont know much about him. Alot of projections have him in rd 2-3 so at least not a major reach, the fo must really like him to have him over mcconkey / Williams/ franklin

FWIW, Bill had him 43rd on his big board yesterday. Schrager had him as a borderline 1st rounder in one of his mocks.

Last edited:
I’m a fan. Think he’s a tough and energetic player that’s going to fit in. Was hoping for a tackle and the WR a little later but no complaints.

I don't know much about him either, but with most of our wide receivers being slot or z types, getting a guy to compete for snaps at the x isn't a bad thing. Just because Parker and Harry failed here, doesn't mean players like that don't have value WHEN they're good. Tee Higgins is a contested catch guy too, he just does it really, REALLY well. If Polk can play, he can fill a valuable role. We'll see.
That was one thing Wolf specifically said in his pre-draft press conference last week, that we didn’t have a true x on the team. So I guess we should have seen this coming, or a comparable guy.

If I’m reading your grades correctly though, you’ve graded him as a mid-3rd rounder. I hate taking someone like that in the early 2nd.

The only counter I'd have to this, is we heard from Wolf/Mayo that they knew weeks ago that Washington was taking Daniels at 2. These teams know who the other teams like. If they wanted Polk, and had reason to think someone else liked him too before they could pick again at 68, the choice is either draft him higher or miss him entirely. It's all a game, and they might be wrong about their info (or the player himself), but that's how you have to play it.

Our best draft picks in a generation and we take a developmental QB and a no name WR..

Self Harm is real.

Another 7 years of this

What...?

Also let's be real, every single player in the draft is a development project. Dunno why this is a special label for a select few. The far more rare label, and therefore the one that should be stated as it is an exception to the rule, are day-one players.

It's a silly, featherweight comment. It has no meaning anymore.

So, they passed on Adonai Mitchell? I've seen this movie before (in 2 consecutive 2nd round drafts under BB), and it didn't work out too well. Perhaps there is a chance that we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back