PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You have to hear this: (Willie McGinest and Heath Evans on being a Patriot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember his name right off hand, but BB signed a FA DLman back in 2002 to be the NT who never worked out and was gone later that same season.

The AThomas, who IMO played better than most perceived, but simply never bought into the "I'll play where ever they need me" mentality and eventually became a whiner in the locker room.

One thing that clearly comes across in that conversation is something the Pats have always been upfront about. The "Patriot Way" isn't for everyone, and just because you don't fit in, doesn't make you a bad player or person. It is HARD to play here and if you do, it comes with sacrifices as well as reward.

BTW- I've written a lot of stuff that people could legitimately disagree with. I can't image how this post would be one of them. What's the story Bill Lee? ;)

Wild and Crazy Steve Martin?

After doing nothing all game, he was first to the microphones with a big smile. What a POS.

I can't remember his name right off hand, but BB signed a FA DLman back in 2002 to be the NT who never worked out and was gone later that same season.

The AThomas, who IMO played better than most perceived, but simply never bought into the "I'll play where ever they need me" mentality and eventually became a whiner in the locker room.

One thing that clearly comes across in that conversation is something the Pats have always been upfront about. The "Patriot Way" isn't for everyone, and just because you don't fit in, doesn't make you a bad player or person. It is HARD to play here and if you do, it comes with sacrifices as well as reward.

BTW- I've written a lot of stuff that people could legitimately disagree with. I can't image how this post would be one of them. What's the story Bill Lee? ;)

Don't mind him, he's still mad about being driven out by Don Zimmer.

Last edited:
Wild and Crazy Steve Martin?

After doing nothing all game, he was first to the microphones with a big smile. What a POS.

I was thinking the same thing, but NE kicked him to the curb so fast that I don't think the players even needed to do anything to him.

I was thinking the same thing, but NE kicked him to the curb so fast that I don't think the players even needed to do anything to him.

I don't know, he started a few games at least.

I don't know, he started a few games at least.

I meant at the end of the season. He actually started for half the year, maybe even a little more.

I meant at the end of the season. He actually started for half the year, maybe even a little more.

Yeah, I think the players stuffed him in a trash can before he was officially gone.

WGAS about disagrees?
<INCOMING!>

I'll speak for Ken here, and he's (of course) welcome to disagree with my take:

It's not really the disagreements themselves, as a general rule. That's going to happen to anyone who posts a lot. It becomes obnoxious when you're getting alerts over someone who disagrees with "I like breathing" type of posts, especially when that person doesn't have the balls/courtesy to explain the reason(s) for his disagreement.

Last edited:
I saw Heath last Saturday at the Hyatt in Anaheim, he was a guest speaker for the Semper Fi HS Senior all star game. My son was a player on the under card on the East team for the AYF national all star game (8th grade). I passed him in the lobby, recognized him of course, but didn't want to bother him, so I watched instead and he took, who knows how many pictures with families of the players and random people in the hotel. A very down to earth guy as far as I could tell.

I always love hearing Willie Mac tell stories, probably more so than any other former player. His commentary just seems more candid. Bruschi has given a lot of candid stories too, but Willie Mac seems to hold back less.

Willie was the "enforcer." They used to have these penny ante fines for making mistakes and Willie was in charge of that. Also, of throwing you out of the club, if necessary.Belichick had his players enforce discipline, part of delegating and trusting the veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents