PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees = A-holes

SmokeShowin

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
WTF? Sliding into secod with your spikes in a guys crotch. Isn't Shelley Duncan the same @$$bag that signed a kids ball "Red Sox Suck" last season?
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/ml...finally-became-a-real-MLB-franc?urn=mlb,71371

Yet I'm going to say that it wasn't until today's brawl with the Yankees in St. Petersburg that the Rays became a REAL, LIVE major league team.

Until Shelley Duncan slid into Akinori Iwamura with his spikes high, the Rays were just an afterthought ... a throwaway series on your team's pocket schedule.

And until Jonny Gomes came to Iwamura's defense by releasing his inner-Merriman and tackling Duncan, the Rays were a no-contest 30th out of 30 teams, a franchise that not even the locals took seriously

Last edited:
The entire team is full of f--k bags except Jeter.

Not that I'd ever defend the Yankees, but what started this was a Rays player running over the Yanks catcher (and breaking his wrist) in an earlier game. Girardi didn't think that kind of a play belonged in a spring training game (I'm not sure if I agree or not on this), and he was pissed afterward. Looks like Duncan wanted to be the hero..

It was just a rookie for the Rays trying to prove that he should make the team, and we all know coaches tell players to go hard all the time. I don't think they wanted him going that hard in ST, but as I said he was just trying to prove himself.

I don't have a problem with what either team has done.

Some dude on Tampa ran over Francisco Cervelli, a cather for the Yanks, a few days ago, and broke his wrist. The Yanks weren't to happy since it was a meaningless Spring Training game. In sticking up for a teammate, obviously Duncan did what he did. I guess when Trot Nixon tosses a bat at a pitcher, it's a different story. This is baseball. I think running a catcher over in ST is a bit much since the games don't matter, but that's baseball. At the same time, sticking up for your teammate is too.

The difference is running over a catcher is part of the game, putting your spikes in a guys crotch isn't. I understand it's ST, but as stated by patsfanofNC12 he was trying to prove himself. Should he have gone a little easier? Sure, but he is not obligated to. I can understand retribution for intentionally hitting a batter or something like that, but this was ridiculous.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back