PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Tyron Smith's extension influence Nate Solder's contract negotiations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I think the Patriots won't have to pay quite as much as the Cowboys did. *That* team is a mess right now.

Ofcourse it will. 8 year extension is kinda crazy tho.

I vote yes as well.

What do I win?

Dallas signed Tyron Smith to an 8-year extension worth around $97M. He and Solder both entered the league in 2011 as first round draft picks.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ffensive-lineman-tyron-smith-8-year-extension

Do you see this having any influence on Solder's next contract?

Possibly, depends on what Solder wants. Smith took less than market value because he feels loyalty to Dallas after they helped him out of his family jam. I think he basically got right around what Solder could command on the open market, maybe a little more (Smith is the better player). But we'll see. I wouldn't mind if the Pats locked him up for the next 6+ years.

Who's the better tackle so far? Tyron Smith or Nate Solder?

I don't think Belichick will pay that much for an o-lineman. Burned hard with whatshisface so far..

Smith sets the ceiling. Smith is considered the better tackle and is younger than Solder.
Solder 4/12/1988
Smith 12/12/1990
Smith was due more money in 2014 and in 2015 than was Solder.
With a scheduled salary of $2,079,013 Smith could agree to lower his salary to $645,000 as part of the extension to lessen the amount that his 2014 cap hit increases. Solder can only lower his salary from 769,806 to 645,000.

Mankins. You pay for a guy like that and he is obsolete due to size and injury very quickly.

Mankins. You pay for a guy like that and he is obsolete due to size and injury very quickly.

*face palm*

I would hardly call what the patriots are feeling from the time since the mankins extension as "burned hard"

Mankins is very much so NOT obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore