PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

USA Today Draft Chat transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff. The part I found very interesting was how he speculated that Calvin Johnson may have refused to do the other workouts so he could bring scouts to his school to see some of his teammates on their pro day. That really made me think that Calvin Johnson is a very unselfish and respectable guy if this is true. Wow.

Good stuff. The part I found very interesting was how he speculated that Calvin Johnson may have refused to do the other workouts so he could bring scouts to his school to see some of his teammates on their pro day. That really made me think that Calvin Johnson is a very unselfish and respectable guy if this is true. Wow.

I don't buy this. All scouts who were interested would have gone to his workout anyway, regardless if he worked out or not. Everybody who works out at the combine also works out at their Pro Day. Every year dozens of athletes skip combine workouts, but I've never heard it posited as an altruistic measure before.

More likely, his agent advised him against working out in an atmosphere he couldn't control. With agents only getting 3% commission (max), there's a big difference to the agent's bank account if Johnson goes #1 or Johnson goes #5.

Interesting that the lack of stats and info available may be due to the teams getting the data first. Much may be released in a wk or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST